Free Money Making Methods

Discussion in 'RuneScape Miscellaneous' started by lordvblast, Nov 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unread #1 - Nov 17, 2009 at 6:49 PM
  2. lordvblast
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

lordvblast Forum Addict

I have decided to make a guide for people who need methods of earning money. These methods are seperated into two different categories: F2P and P2P. These methods might not be the best way to earning money, but it will certainly help people who need money. The money earned per hour ranges from how you wish to do it. If you have a method that you would like to add into this money making guide, just private message or post on this forum (You will receive credit for it).

F2P (Non-members)
    1. Woodcutting: Cutting yews is one of the most popular ways of earning money for players who are not member. I suggest that you get your woodcutting level to 70+ first before you chop yews or chopping will be very slow. This method will earn you about 50k-150k depending on your woodcut level and the capacity of players in the world you are chopping in. I suggest you chop at Varrock near east bank, between Lumbridge and Draynor Village, or in Falador.
    **NOTE** I would suggest you don’t chop at Grand Exchange because it is crowded with 5 players normally. You will need to do a lot of world jumping, but I doubt that you will find a world with at most 2 players chopping unless you are in this great time zone where half of runescape players are offline when you are on.
    For players lower than 60 woodcutting level: If you don’t care about the amount of time it will take you to get to level 60 woodcutting, you can chop on oak trees. Yes, I know this will take 10x as long as it would take for you to chop willows, but this is a good way to earn money while getting woodcut exp. Oak logs sell fast and it is 50 gp each on grand exchange. A good place to chop for oak logs are at the entrance of east Varrock as there are several oak trees there.

2. Mining: Mining is also another most popular way of earning money for non-members. Get to level 15 and mine iron the whole way. Iron sell for a reasonable price and it is almost instant sell. When you are able to mine coal, go ahead and mine it. The best place to mine coal would be Falador where the scorpions are. If you wish to get smithing levels with this and still earn a lot of money, go to method 3. If not, sell your coal and iron. Currently don’t know the amount of gp per hour, but I would say about 100k, if you disagree, please post the amount.
    I suggest that you mine iron instead of coal for money earning. This is because iron ores are much faster to mine and they sell for 200 gp each and coal only sell for 25 gp more than iron ore. By the time you get one inventory of coal, you will probably already have gotten about 2-4 inventories of iron.

3. Smelting: Smelting is one of my favorite ways of earning money. I earned 3.5M in just 1 and a half day of smelting. Get your iron and coal ores ready and start smelting it into steel bars. You can buy iron and coal ores at grand exchange and still earn a huge profit from it when you smelt it into steel bars. I suggest that you smelt in AlKarid for non-members. After you finish smelting these steel bars, sell it in grand exchange for great money.

MEMBERS: If you have done Varrock Diaries, go to edgeville and smelt there. The furnace is very close to the bank and you will smelt faster than smelting in AlKarid.

4. Runecrafting: I used to do this when I first started runescape as it is very easy and a reasonable way of earning money. This requires nothing to be done besides the quest Rune Mysterious. Go to an Air Running world. Get your rune essence and start go the Air Alter which is located near Falador. When you are there, look for people who can do 9x and 8x. If you are not sure that they are 9x or 8x, search up their stats the highscores and check if they are legit or not. Request help from them and craft the essence and leave and bank. Keep on repeating until you run out of rune essence. When you run out of rune essence, go to grand exchange , sell the air runes you earned and buy rune essence again.
    50k-100k per hour, this is not accurate.
    Rune Essence are around 60 gp and if you find someone with 8x or 9x, you will earn about a profit of 30-40 gp for each essence.

5. Combat: Combat is one of the most interesting way of earning money. Many people kill hill giants for big bones and roots. These big bones sell for about 400 gp each and the roots sell for about 2k each. Keep on killing hill giants until your inventory is filled. Bank and kill again.
    For non-members, hill giants are located at the Edgeville dungeon. If you want, a faster place is to get a key and on your way to Barbarian Villge, walk towards the Grand Exchange direction and you will see a hut. Use key on door and go down the ladder and you will find hill giants.
    For members, go to Travely Dungeon and kill hill giants there.

P2P(Members)

1. Woodcutting: Cutting yews is also a great way for members to earn money. Get to level 61 woodcut, then cut Ivy’s to 70, then cut yews. If you can afford a dragon hatchet, get one as it will speed up your process. The two recommended places that you should chop yews is at Seer’s Village and Catherby.
    NOTE: Don’t chop magic trees. Magic logs might be more, but it will take longer to get one inventory which is 28k when you can get much more by just chopping yews.

2. Smithing: Do the Dwarf Cannon quest. After completion, get steel bars by buying them or making them for yourself. Then go to a furnace that is near you and start smithing Dwarf Cannon. Please note that you will need a Cannon Ball Mould. 150k/h.

3. Swamptoads: Swamptoads is one of my easiest way of earning money. This does not require any skill to do. All you need to do is be able to go to Tree Gnome Stronghold. When you are in Tree Gnome Stronghold, keep on going straight up. Finally you will reach this swamp. Collect SwampToads, they are these very small green shaped things on the ground. After you have collected them, go to the bank that you see while you walk to the Swamp. Don’t go to the one in the tree house as it is very slow. 150k-200k/h

4. SwampTar: SwampTar is a very popular way of earning money. Go to Lumbridge and walk to the swamp. There you will see SwampTars. Collect them and sell them in grand exchange. Try to bring as least stuff with you as SwampTars are stackable. 50k-100k/h

5. Dragon Slaying: Green Dragon slaying is one of the fastest way to earning money. Each kill for dragon is about 6,000 gp. I suggest going to the Chaos Tunnels to hunt for Green Dragon as it is close to bank. Also, recommended level for this is at least level 70. 200k-1M/h http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos_Tunnels

Please note that the place where Green Dragons are in Chaos Tunnels has Baby Black Dragon and it is multi-combat. I am able to earn almost 1M per hour on green dragons. If you are high level as in 126+, summon war tortiouse, two tunas, a combat potion, and prayer potion. When you are there, attack the green dragons in order and leave the bones/dhide on the floor and pick up later. Make sure you use highest cb prayer you can and pot. If you have a glory ammy with charges, teleport to edgeville. All you need to do is do the most damage on the green dragons which should be easy since your going againt lower levels.

6. Flax: Flax is one of the most common way of earning money. It is easy and requires no skill at all. Teleport to Camelot. Move toward the flax field. When at the flax field, collect until inventory and bank them. If you want crafting exp, go to lumbridge castle and use the spinning wheel to make the flax into bow string. 100k-150k/h. This also gets you great crafting exp too.

7. Blue Dragon Scale: I found this method just a few days ago. Blue Dragon Scale sell for about 1k each and they are easily picked without needing anything except some food and a anti-dragon shield. It is recommended that you have level 70 agility so you can use the short cut.
    Blue Dragon Scales spawn at the Blue Dragon in Travelry Dungeon. For players with level 70 agility, just squeeze through the tunnel and pick up blue dragon scales and leave the area. For players without the agility level, you have to go all the way past the chaos dwarfs, magic axe, and lesser demons. When you reach the lesser demons, there will be a gate, open gate and you will be in the Blue dragon cave place. Collect and bank.
    You will need an anti-dragon shield, so that the breath of the dragon will not damage you too much. Also, you will need some food so that you will not die when you are being attacked by the dragons.

8. White Berries: I also found this way of earning money just a few days ago. Go to Red Dragon Lair in the wilderness. There are white berries there that spawn every 3-4 seconds. Collect the white berries and bank them in Wilderness Volcano (Bounty Hunter).
    White Berries sell for 1.2k about each.
    You will need to bring an anti-dragon shield with you as there are red dragons.

RWT METHOD:
    This method isn’t too good, but I think it is better than nothing. This method are for members only. You need two or three accounts to be on at the same time to do this fast. This method works for getting money to the account that needs the money and not losing money on the account that you are transferring on.
    X= the account receiving money y= account transferring n=account 2 transferring
    X goes to the red dragon lair and start collecting berries. Y and N go with about 30k in their inventory and trade x for the white berries and trade them money. Accept the trade. While X is collecting white berries, Y and N are banking the white berries in their bank and then going back to X to collect more white berries.
    Suggestion: I suggest that Y and N go at different times, so that X can keep on trading when their inventory is full.
    Also, sometimes y and n should bring some food along with them so that they can trade to X when X is low on health.

3. Unread #2 - Nov 18, 2009 at 1:50 AM
  4. xBERSERK
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

xBERSERK Forum Addict

Haha, pretty nice guide, 3/5.
    Lots of methods, not too detailed.

5. Unread #3 - Nov 18, 2009 at 3:32 PM
  6. lordvblast
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

lordvblast Forum Addict

Thanks. I'm going to add more details soon.

7. Unread #4 - Nov 19, 2009 at 4:29 PM
  8. Saints
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Saints Forum Addict
    Banned

I did swamptar for about 2 hours n made over 100 k

9. Unread #5 - Nov 19, 2009 at 7:28 PM
  10. Reflex_
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Reflex_ Forum Addict
    Banned

thanks for the share :)

11. Unread #6 - Nov 19, 2009 at 8:14 PM
  12. I_Sell_Stuff
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

I_Sell_Stuff Forum Addict

I have a method to. Train you're skills.

13. Unread #7 - Nov 21, 2009 at 3:48 PM
  14. lordvblast
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

lordvblast Forum Addict

Well, it depends on how many people there are in your world. Also, how fast you can collect and your agility level. I suggest you do Swamptoad as it is like the same as swamptar, but it is faster money, though it doesn't stack.

15. Unread #8 - Nov 21, 2009 at 8:18 PM
  16. bigpapi_403
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

bigpapi_403 Active Member

Most of these are very known things that really aren't that great. 1/5 sorry mate just not really any good info here.

17. Unread #9 - Nov 21, 2009 at 8:48 PM
  18. Lukef555
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Lukef555 Grand Master
    Banned

Yeah most of these are very well known,also bad format with the guide.
    If you try a little harder you might be able to make a good one
    2.5/5

19. Unread #10 - Nov 21, 2009 at 8:52 PM
  20. lordvblast
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

lordvblast Forum Addict

Thanks for your comments. I will try to add new ideas and make this guide as good as possible. I am busy with my schoolwork, so I will be updating soon. These methods are popular methods.

21. Unread #11 - Nov 23, 2009 at 12:17 AM
  22. QQ Bloody QQ
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

QQ Bloody QQ Guru
    Banned

I know all these.

Just a tip, spread it out a bit. Makes it ALOT easier to read.

23. Unread #12 - Dec 15, 2009 at 3:31 PM
  24. lukey the nukey
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

lukey the nukey Active Member
    Banned

2.5/5 not a bad guide but dosen't go indeep with detail not to bad though :p

25. Unread #13 - Dec 15, 2009 at 5:44 PM
  26. Krudz
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Krudz Member

Will keep the Chaos tunnel in mind :0

27. Unread #14 - Dec 15, 2009 at 6:06 PM
  28. fastNeasy
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

fastNeasy Forum Addict
    Banned

Nice guide, 4/5

Helping me brainstorm on ways to make money :D

29. Unread #15 - Dec 15, 2009 at 6:14 PM
  30. Skuxx pk
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Skuxx pk Active Member
    Banned

nice guide 4.5/5 I like it and all are very good methods!

31. Unread #16 - Dec 15, 2009 at 8:27 PM
  32. lordvblast
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

lordvblast Forum Addict

Thanks for the tip. Very helpful.

Thanks for your comments.

I have just updated the whole guide, adding additional information and what to bring with you. I also added two new member earning methods and it works perfectly. Also added a transferring method.

33. Unread #17 - Dec 16, 2009 at 6:32 AM
  34. KilerJ
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

KilerJ Pest Control Addict
    Banned

Really nice guide man thanks

35. Unread #18 - Dec 18, 2009 at 6:15 AM
  36. big n tasty
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

big n tasty Active Member
    Banned

good for beginners but i think expierienced peeps know better :p

37. Unread #19 - Dec 18, 2009 at 9:22 PM
  38. lordvblast
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

lordvblast Forum Addict

Thanks. This is mainly beginners, not really for the experienced. By the way pplz, i just added another method for non-members.

39. Unread #20 - Jan 9, 2010 at 9:34 PM
  40. lordvblast
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

lordvblast Forum Addict

Just added one basic method of earning money-making. About 250k-350k per hour.

< Need help with zerker | How do i solve >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Adblock breaks this site