A Defense Pure's Guide

Discussion in 'RuneScape Guide & eBook Sales' started by justafan, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
A Defense Pure's Guide
  1. Unread #1 - Jan 19, 2009 at 10:19 AM
  2. justafan
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

justafan Active Member

A Defense Pure's Guide

Justafan's Guide to creating a Good Def Pure!

Seeing as to how my last thread sorta lost its buzz for a while I remade it, hope you enjoy. I’ll start by saying that there are other guide’s to creating def pures but I’m pretty sure they are all outdated since every single one says attack monks or get a higher attack and strength. Well this is a hands on pure def pure, meaning I’m not going to tell you to level up your attack, strength, magic, ranged, or prayer.

Starting Out[​IMG]

The beginning levels are the easiest since they require so little exp. Some people suggest that you use an iron scimitar but I say stick with an iron dagger. They are slightly faster and since the defensive attack is stab based, and the dagger is best at stabbing, they are the best for your def training! Do note that if you are a member, get a red topaz machete, it is slightly better for exp than the iron dagger. Now I suggest the first thing you do is go to the newish Stronghold of Safety to get a quick boost. It’s fairly straightforward so I’m not going to go into much detail on that one. I also highly suggest that you go and train a money making skill like fishing or woodcutting. My personal favorite is fishing because it’s easy and I get to type up nice things like this while I’m training it! Now then stock up on a little bit of cash so you can buy a set of iron, steel, black, and mithril armor. I suggest getting those sets only because then once you get level 30 defense you can sell them to get full adamant. Obviously if you wanted to buy all the way through whatever level you can but this way you’ll have a fair amount set up so you can still train almost nonstop. By the time you hit 20 you should have plenty of time to stock up cash for 30, and by 30 I will bet you will want to get cash for a while instead of training, it does get very dull.

Levels 1 – 20[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Well I would go for chickens at these levels! They don’t hit you and you can gather feathers which are nice especially if you are like me and you like to fish!(I’m sure most of you are saying no duh I knew that, everyone knows that, but still I feel compelled to add it lol) Alternately you can go and kill cows, or anything else that’s level 2 and below. I would avoid level 2 goblins right now, they shouldn’t give you much trouble but they still can hit you a bit if you’re not paying much attention to the game. Another good place to train, probably better than chickens even would be seagulls in Port Sarim. The level 2 seagulls have 6 hp and the level 3s have 10 hp! I personally have never trained there, it never really came to my attention plus I like the feathers but thanks to pino265 for submitting that tip :) If you have the patience I would suggest you train on them as long as you can if you don't need cash because they don't ever hit and they have so much hp for what low level they are they would be awesome for training. Immediately after you level up to a base armor level you should upgrade. This means as soon as you hit 5 put some steel on, 10 put black on, 20 put mithril on. Not only does it minimize the hits on you but you can also go around showing off that you are so far already!(Um and just one other thing do NOT go around saying I’m a def pure, I own, Look at my cb lvl!, this will make you look like dumbass)

Levels 20 – 40[​IMG][​IMG]

Now is where you get to start playing with the big guns, mithril and adamant. Same old thing just keep training as you wish but now I would say it’s ok to broaden your horizons a little and go ahead and work on those goblins. Like I said before you can start on them earlier but now is a pretty safe time to start. You will rarely ever get hit attacking these guys and they are still only level 2 so they have a fairly nice hitting rate. Once you hit 30 def, take a quick brake to go put on your addy, maybe stop by the GE and sell your mithril and other armor, and pat yourself on the back for hitting a nice little benchmark. Only 10 more levels until you can wear the highest level armor in the freeplay game(aside from the rune berserker shield that needs 45, but who cares about it you probably won’t play FoG on this account anyways lol). If you do manage to stick with your def pure until level 40 def then congratulations you have the patience only some can dream of. Sure it doesn’t seem like much but you try and sit there making about 1.7k exp an hour…

Levels 40 – 60[​IMG]

There’s only a few reasons to move on here, either you want to hit 60 and get full dragon at combat level 27, you want to go for 99 def and have combat level 47 at the end, or maybe you are trying to be ballsy and go for 65 def to get full bandos or 70 def to be a barrows pure at combat 32! Whatever your reasons are I commend you for attempting it, and I don’t blame you if you give up. Still whatever you do don’t ruin your account by getting a higher attack or strength. If you mess up and get like 1 level in one of them fine don’t kill yourself over it, but just don’t do it on purpose. You’ll regret it when you think about how much time you put into your past pure def pure, now diluted def pure.
    Ok so now that that’s out of the way let’s keep working on that training. If you didn’t get enough cash for full rune earlier, do it now. I suggested waiting to do it so you can take a nice little break here and you will just be all the more fired up when you see your combat level 17 with full rune and you can just picture yourself with full dragon. You will be so cool when you run around wearing dragon armor at level 27 I guarantee it. Also do note that through level 40 defense I suggest staying nonmember as if you get bored and stop for a while then you won’t have wasted your money on members that you aren’t using. If you do get 60 def though I would say get members right away. Even if you’re going for 70 def you can still wear some dragon platelegs and look sweet training for a while! Anyways definitely keep on upgrading your armor as you see possible. If you manage to hit 60 def then you are awesome and should be very proud of your accomplishment. If you thought getting there was tough though think about getting to 99… Don’t think too long though it’s going to distract you from your main goal, getting that nice barrows armor in the next 10 levels…

Levels 60 – 99[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Don’t just judge it by the title, yes I do say from level 60 to 99 but that doesn’t mean I expect anyone to ever get to 99 def with 1 attack, strength, magic, and ranged. I do expect many of us to hit at least 60 maybe even 70 but much further past that it’s unlikely. The chances of anyone seeing a combat level 47 with a defense skillcape is so slim but who knows maybe someday someone will get one. In the meantime work on getting to at least 70 def. You will be combat level 32 with almost full dharoks how sweet is that? Obviously you’ll need to exclude the weapons but still if you walk around with the armor on you’re bound to attract plenty of attention. Most people don’t think much of being combat level 13 with full addy, but when you’re only level 32 with barrows on that is really impressive. Train on anything you want but remember the lower their combat level the better. As a member you have many more possibilities however I still suggest the level 2 goblins. They are so nice to train on and on a members server nobody will be there. Once you hit 60 you may again want to take a break and go do something relaxing or enjoy walking around with dragon armor on as a ton of noobs run around going OMG lvl 27 Dragon OMG OMG OMG WTF?!?! Fr1n3ds?!?! OMG. And all that you do is say no but thanks for your support everyone! And then walk away laughing your butt off. Keep on training if you feel up to the task but if you do hit 70 and you don’t have much patience anymore then who cares you are one of the top def pures out there congratulations.

By the time you hit 85 defense you will achieve combat level 40 and can officially use pest control. What you'll need to do is fix doors and stuff because you probably wont get 50 hits in the 6-7 minutes most games last. Obviously use all of your points on defense and keep up the work. I would love to say you'll achieve it in no time but well its going to take forever so deal with it :) Also it will take 9,150 won games to get 99 defense from 85. Which means from 85 it will only take around 1000-1300 hours if you win every single one :D

Now for that nice little levels table

at level 1 def - 10 hp - cb 3
    at level 5 def - 10 hp - cb 4
    at level 10 def - 11 hp - cb 5
    at level 20 def - 15 hp - cb 9
    at level 30 def - 21 hp - cb 13
    at level 40 def - 29 hp - cb 17
    at level 60 def - 48 hp - cb 27
    at level 65 def - 53 hp - cb 30
    at level 70 def - 58 hp - cb 32
    at level 75 def - 63 hp - cb 35
    at level 99 def - 87 hp - cb 47
    if level 99 def & 99 hp - cb 50!

Level ------- Time from level 1 using an iron dagger on chickens
    05 -------- About 20 minutes
    10 -------- About 50 minutes
    20 -------- About 3 hours and 10 minutes
    30 -------- About 9 and a half hours
    40 -------- About 26 and a half hours
    60 -------- About 195 and a half hours
    70 -------- About 526 hours and 50 minutes
    75 -------- About 864 and a half hours
    99 -------- About 9,310 hours and 20 minutes

In Game Training Locations *PICS*

These are just my favorite spots there's a ton more if you want to go out and find them but as far as I'm concerned these rock!

[​IMG]
    Chickens are great at all levels, plus they are helpful for gathering feathers, if you are a fisher

[​IMG]
    Cows are also great at all levels, and if you don't want any other skills to be trained, you can collect their hides to sell for a little cash.

[​IMG]
    Goblins are also very good once your a little higher than level 15, they will hardly hit you past level 20 and depending on where you are there may be no other players there too. Only one downside is they don't drop anything even remotely usable seeing as how you don't train mage or prayer, and the gold they drop isn't even worth the extra click. I train here all the time though!

Closing and Final Notes

The biggest thing to remember while doing this is that in creating a def pure you are spiking it to all the other strength pures out there that think they are the coolest because they can hit a 30 with a whip. Maybe you can’t hit higher than 2(unless you have a dragonfire shield) but still you give most pures a run for their money with your sweet poisoned iron dagger! There’s way too many strength pures out there, and only a select few def pures. I’ve only actually seen 1 other def pure in game and he was afk training at monks before they screwed that up. I think he gave up before he got 40 though which is sad because that was one less def pure out there. Anyways back to business people need to learn more about this and serious consider this as a possibility. I doubt that there’s going to be a ton of level 27’s with dragon walking around just because people keep making these guides, and that’s because they actually do take some work. You can’t just go to pest control and get 70 def in a few days with a really impressively low combat level. It takes a fair amount of commitment and above all a ton of patience. Good luck to all who decide to try one of these guys out, and remember the force will be with you… Always…

Check My Defense Pure's Progress

This is where I will have a pic of my defense pure with his stats showing nicely for you, one he gets on the high scores I'll make a signature with his goal but for now this will have to suffice :)

[​IMG]

3. Unread #2 - Jan 19, 2009 at 10:25 AM
  4. the love guru
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

the love guru Member
    Banned

A Defense Pure's Guide

got anything else to train on better exp than goblin sna dhcicken? im working on my defence pure so this is awesome,

more pictures 7/10
    guide itself 9/10
    how long do you think 40-60

5. Unread #3 - Jan 19, 2009 at 10:33 AM
  6. zezima plawkz
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

zezima plawkz Forum Addict

A Defense Pure's Guide

nice guide....i got 31 def from 20, chicken botting :p then somehow i died and lost the only 30k i had, all i had was addy plate, legs, and kite, so i dont get on him much any more :/

7. Unread #4 - Jan 19, 2009 at 10:38 AM
  8. justafan
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

justafan Active Member

A Defense Pure's Guide

Thanks for the feedback, I gotta go take a shower but when I get back I will add a table with the time it takes to get to levels and what not. From level 40-60 though it will take about 169 hours with an iron dagger training at chickens. That of course will be the fastest f2p exp, if you were a member I would say get a red topaz machete and you could get around 1.6k exp per hour. Right now I'm f2p using an iron dagger and I get about 1.4k exp per hour fighting chickens. Unfortunately since jagex ruined the monks at the monastery by making them not heal themselves defense pures have lost their best exp. Chickens are by far the fastest exp but goblins are ok if chicken's are getting crowded.

9. Unread #5 - Jan 19, 2009 at 8:08 PM
  10. PennyRoyal
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Sythe's 10th Anniversary

PennyRoyal Guru

A Defense Pure's Guide

Great guide, pictures were awesome especially the ones of the armour sets. Has helped me tons. Great guide and Thanks.

11. Unread #6 - Jan 19, 2009 at 8:15 PM
  12. rs qez
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

rs qez Active Member

A Defense Pure's Guide

Nice Guide. 10/10
    Thanks for posting/sharing :)

13. Unread #7 - Jan 19, 2009 at 8:19 PM
  14. Rare Names
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Rare Names Grand Master

A Defense Pure's Guide

Good guide, needs a bit of formatting, but it's good :)

8/10

15. Unread #8 - Jan 19, 2009 at 8:58 PM
  16. seal138
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

seal138 Forum Addict

A Defense Pure's Guide

decent guide, a bit uncreative (chickens and goblins) but, accurate. Pics were good. 7/10

17. Unread #9 - Jan 19, 2009 at 9:36 PM
  18. justafan
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

justafan Active Member

A Defense Pure's Guide

Yea unfortunately there's not much else to really elaborate on besides the chicken's and goblins as just about everything else is terrible exp with 1 attack and strength. I mean I would have included monks but they really were only good because you could attack one and sit there but now that they don't heal they are just worthless plus they are still usually quite crowded. Now all runescape needs to create is a nice little spot with like a few hundred level 1 rats running around so we can get some extremely fast exp and carpal tunnel syndrome :) Perhaps I should suggest that on the forums but then again that would deplete the challenge of having a defense pure and there would be tons of us running around :/

19. Unread #10 - Jan 20, 2009 at 8:47 AM
  20. pino265
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

pino265 Forum Addict

A Defense Pure's Guide

add seagull (bird in port sarim) they are the best xp for defence pures as they have 1 defence attack and strength can only hit 0's and they got 8-10hp (compare it to chicken with 8-10hp)

21. Unread #11 - Jan 20, 2009 at 5:19 PM
  22. justafan
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

justafan Active Member

A Defense Pure's Guide

Very interesting, I'll look into seagulls, and I'll definitely mention them when I update it soon, thanks for the feedback I'll give ya a special mention in the guide too :)

23. Unread #12 - Jan 20, 2009 at 5:55 PM
  24. Everchanging
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Everchanging Member

A Defense Pure's Guide

The cows at the crafting guild were rather fast for me. There are lots of them, and you hit them often. I got to 40 defence very quickly like this.

25. Unread #13 - Jan 20, 2009 at 7:35 PM
  26. josh5498
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

josh5498 Guru
    Banned

A Defense Pure's Guide

use pc asap. another good spot are men in the men house. but u get alot more xp per hour once ur 40 combat. get the same amount of xp in about 10 mins compared to an hour without it.

27. Unread #14 - Jan 20, 2009 at 8:31 PM
  28. justafan
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

justafan Active Member

A Defense Pure's Guide

Unfortunately josh5498 if you are being a true defense pure, only training defense no attack strength mage range or prayer, then you would hit combat level 40 around 78-80 defense maybe more I don't I don't wanna calculate it right now lol. That alone takes a long long long time to get most people won't have the patience to get that high :\ I would have included that in the guide too but it seems kinda irrelevant considering most people will stop at 60 defense for sure.

29. Unread #15 - Jan 21, 2009 at 5:28 AM
  30. jakemate
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

jakemate Forum Addict
    Banned

A Defense Pure's Guide

10/10 Currently making my def pure. If I have any questions I'll ask you ^^

31. Unread #16 - Jan 21, 2009 at 7:31 PM
  32. josh5498
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

josh5498 Guru
    Banned

A Defense Pure's Guide

you added information for up to 99, calculations and levels. so u should add more method's of training that will help u train faster. if you want it to stop at 60 u should have titled it the def pure guide 1-60.

33. Unread #17 - Jan 24, 2009 at 11:51 PM
  34. justafan
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

justafan Active Member

A Defense Pure's Guide

The main thing about this thread is the basics of defense pure training, I didn't go into to much detail on purpose because especially after you get to a level high enough to do pest control you should've known what pest control is by then :p Plus this is mainly geared toward f2p defense pures hence why all the calculations are based off an iron dagger :)

35. Unread #18 - Jan 25, 2009 at 2:59 AM
  36. nubsInc
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

nubsInc Apprentice
    Banned

A Defense Pure's Guide

nice guide! very useful 10/10

37. Unread #19 - Jan 25, 2009 at 11:53 AM
  38. Iwantlvl99
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Iwantlvl99 Apprentice
    Banned

A Defense Pure's Guide

Tnx i need this!

39. Unread #20 - Jan 25, 2009 at 12:07 PM
  40. justafan
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

justafan Active Member

A Defense Pure's Guide

I got a pic of my defense pure up finally :) Thanks for all the feedback I appreciate it.

< [selling] No.1 Pking Guide! [selling] | Buying |WORKING| RWT method |PURE| >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Adblock breaks this site