Racism, Little Things That Irritate Me.

Discussion in 'Something For All' started by moneyman1000000, May 7, 2008.

1. Unread #1 - May 7, 2008 at 9:59 PM
  2. moneyman1000000
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

moneyman1000000 Member

I wrote this to clear things up with some people, and to get the word out!
    Do not read this unless you will read it all. Because you need to here it all so you do not get the wrong message.
    Enjoy!

First of all, I am not racist.
    So with that comes my first topic. People always say it, and have no bad or good meaning to it. They just say it. "You're A racist!"

People my age always seem to say it, and pretty much every other age about 8+.

I am a freshmen in high-school, and I get very irritated about this.
    I was born in Detroit, Michigan. Which is a very black populated area, and other races from different country's.

From there I moved up north, where there are barely any blacks. And the people seem to not understand how black people act. They all assume they are gangsters, or 'thugs'.

So they like to act like it, and the other percent of people think it is offensive!
    So then you start to here the 'thugs/gangsters' call the others racist.

And by that they are stereotyping gangster with black.

And everyone has seen this before, it happens everywhere, and in different forms.

Then there is the other side.
    If you are around black people a lot, you will know something seems to always be different with them.
    They just seem to take everything like it is an insult, or you are talking about there race.

And for the most part it is not true. And they think just because they are black that someone does not like them for it.

An example:
    A guy named sonny, who is black went to my school earlier in the year.
    He instantly took off in popularity. Everyone liked him. And the white students who are 'posers' all wanted to be his friend.
    But one day we were in the hall during passing period and someone got into a fight with him (verbally).

Sonny instantly said "You're A racist!"
    Just because he is black.

So isn't that different....
    He is saying he is a racist just because he is fighting him and Sonny is black, and the other kid is white. So isn't that assuming that just because he is white and has beef with him... he is a racist!?

That too, is assuming by race...racism....
    So do not call someone a racist, because you are a different race.
    Because it is the same thing!

Also, there are some white kids, that always see black kids, and automatically assume that he is strong, tough, or gangster.

Just to clear things up again:
    I am not a racist, I have nothing against blacks, or any other race.
    I just am pointing out some things that are annoying. And my example above showed that black people can also be racist, and should not be looked at, and then automatically assumed tough, or what ever.

Now is my next irritation.
    Not all to long ago there was a HUGE terrorist attack in New York. "9/11"
    During this men from the middle east suicide bombed a plane carrying many innocent people, and crashed it into the World Trade Center..'Twin Towers'.
    This lead to a huge amount of deaths, and sadness. Also problems in the government. But it also brought another problem.. Racism.

Many people then became scared, or threatened by Muslim/Islamic people. And many others from middle-east.
    The main place this is happening is airports, and public transportation.
    People think that one of the foreign passengers might do something like "9/11"
    This is a much more recent issue, and much stronger then blacks are now.

So here is where I stand.
    I do not blame all middle-eastern men/women/kids for what happened on 9/11.
    But many do, so here is how I would act.

If I were a man working in an airport, and a middle-eastern man walked up with a turban, and barely spoke English, I would just put his things through the scanner like anyone else, and not offend anyone!

But some do not do this. And may search them more thoroughly, or call them out.

Then, Jokes.

Everyone has heard there share of racist jokes. Most of which were in no way meant to be mean, or offensive.
    Just like the new film 'Herald And Kumar'
    In the film, two men get on a plane, and a women see them, and assumes they are terrorist because of there race.

This is made to be funny, but does offend people.
    - To any middle-eastern ethnicity people reading, I am sorry about you're treatment, and you must let time just pass it over.-
    Even I have made jokes like this, and did not feel bad at all.
    People do need to learn that words only have as much power as you let them have.

An example of this is Carlos Mancia.
    He is a great Mexican comedian.
    In one of his acts he demonstrated that words only have as much power as you let them have.

Carlos went to the streets of L.A California, and talked to random people.
    One of which was a white female.
    Carlos went to her and told her his topic, and all that good stuff.
    Then Carlos said to her "blow me!"
    The girl laughed, and Carlos explained.
    That just because he said it, it did not mean she had to.

Anyways, that was just a funny example.

Back on topic.
    Just as I said in my first topic, other races should not take things so literally, or offensively.
    A joke is a joke!

But also there is another part of these jokes that is not funny.
    The words.
    Racist terms are the one thing that should not be used against other people with different races.
    This does not only apply to Whites talking to other races.
    From kids that I see in school, and Black kids I know white kids do not use raciest terms all that much!

Black kids I know are starting to use them more than white people do.
    Words like "honkey", or "cracker"
    These are not O.K either.
    Just because most white people do not take as much offense to these names, does not make it right.

Also adding to that it other races using the terms, just like I said above, because you are not white, does not mean what you say does not offend us either.

Lastly, Stereotypes.
    Everyone does it, and it is just the way everyone was raised, and has seen since they were small. This is beyond racism, this is clothing, appearance, and environment, even friends.
    Stereotyping is when you make an assumption according to race, clothing, a persons background, or anything else that in appearance.

Example: You go to the mall, and you run into a group of people, all wearing rocker outfits, and punk clothes. You would usually assume they are nothing but bad news, and change course. This is a stereotype. You do not know them, or how they really act. They could be the nicest people you have ever met, or meanest, but all you thought was how they looked, and assumed.

This is the same with many other social groups, and appearances.
    This is even in the same race.

If you were white, and were alone in a not so busy area, and a group of shaggy bikers came up, you would more than likely be scared,
    This is totally normal.

Then there is the complicated part. Stereotyping is very necessary for survival. Because the problem is, you do not have time to meet the people you see, or in the biker case. You do not know them, and you can not assume they are nice either.

The main reason for racism, stereotyping, and all other types of appearance segregation are to be blamed by you're childhood. And where you live.

The sad truth of things is that you can not trust people you have not met, and you do not have time to meet them on the fly.
    So you have to go by what you can.. looks.

So in a way, everyone is a raciest, or stereotypical.
    And there is nothing wrong with it, it is not you're fault.
    You have to use you're best judgment, and hope for the best.

Maybe one day we can live in peace, and not have to resort to using appearance as a guide.

CONCLUSION! YAY! :p

In conclusion, I am not raciest, jokes are jokes, race does not make racial jokes any better or worse. Stereotyping, and racism are normal and not always bad. Watch what you say.
    And if you actually read this whole thing... Kudos!

Please respond, be respectful.

3. Unread #2 - May 7, 2008 at 10:16 PM
  4. dukeybrowns
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

dukeybrowns Active Member

stereotyping, no its culture which people do not understand.

5. Unread #3 - May 7, 2008 at 10:28 PM
  6. moneyman1000000
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

moneyman1000000 Member

because they do not get to know them, and it starts the stereotyping. You can't meet and trust everyone individually.

7. Unread #4 - May 8, 2008 at 12:24 AM
  8. porman
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

porman Apprentice
    Banned

its all about magorities, if most black people steal and shit, then ovcourse your not going to trust them, its not racist, its precaution.

Not all black people are theiving "gangstas" but would you rent out your house to a black man that has one shoe and a torn shirt? hell no. would you rent it out to a black man that is well dressed and looks after himself, sure why not.

The basic line is i dont find it racist to judge a race by the majorities, if the majority of cats scratched out peoples eyes, you wouldnt want it near you would you. the magority of black people (australian aboriginals) i see have missing teeth and are carrying a carton of tooheys with them on a thursday morning (spent with our tax money). im not racist towards blacks, im racist towards aboriginals, i dont know not one that i would trust with my life. i know a friend that was friends with aboriginals, and then they stole his motorbike.

9. Unread #5 - May 8, 2008 at 1:43 AM
  10. juvenilepunk
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

juvenilepunk Hero
    Do Not Trade

You can blame the media for this

11. Unread #6 - May 8, 2008 at 3:52 AM
  12. Sythe
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Sythe
    Dolan Duck Dolan Trump Supporting Business ???
    Poképedia
    Clefairy Jigglypuff
    Who did this to my freakin' car!
    Hell yeah boooi
    Tier 3 Prizebox Toast Wallet User
    I'm LAAAAAAAME Rust Player Mewtwo Mew Live Free or Die Poké Prizebox (42) Dat Boi

Sythe Join our discord

test

Administrator Village Drunk

Anyone here who is a nationalist cannot accuse racists of being evil. If you believe in protecting your nation then you are just as much a collectivist as the racist is.

13. Unread #7 - May 8, 2008 at 5:19 AM
  14. Ridah
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Ridah Forum Addict
    Banned

I understand if someone likes about their own skin colour or nation, but why the hell moch others? black, white, yellow, red or gree. who cares? we all are humans.

15. Unread #8 - May 8, 2008 at 6:11 AM
  16. moneyman1000000
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

moneyman1000000 Member

Like I said though, You can't always help it. Even when you do totally believe in equal rights, and everything else of equality.

17. Unread #9 - May 8, 2008 at 8:52 AM
  18. Radiophonic
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Radiophonic Active Member

I'm not racist, but where I live I have seen maybe 5-10 african american residents and my province is greatly racist people in general.

19. Unread #10 - May 8, 2008 at 11:15 AM
  20. jebckr
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

jebckr Guru
    Banned

Define a race by what they do as a race. There's nothing wrong with that.

So, step back and look at blacks as a whole and you can make justified assumtions towards an individual.

21. Unread #11 - May 8, 2008 at 4:27 PM
  22. moneyman1000000
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

moneyman1000000 Member

lol, jebckr I can not tell if you are being sarcastic.

23. Unread #12 - May 8, 2008 at 5:39 PM
  24. ~Noble~
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

~Noble~ Member
    Banned

True. But does this also concern the military, because they don't believe in protecting there nation they DO protect it.

25. Unread #13 - May 8, 2008 at 9:41 PM
  26. porman
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

porman Apprentice
    Banned

i dont like the blacks in australia not because there black, but because of what they do. does this make me racist? why should i like a race where 90% are either theiving, sniffing petrol, getting smashed on vb at 9 in the morning, braking into shops for some cigs and just vandalise. i thought i had an aboriginal friend once, till hes true colours (mind the pun) shun.

27. Unread #14 - May 9, 2008 at 7:23 AM
  28. dhssdh
    Referrals:

dhssdh Guest

One im not racist or anything either but i agree with some of the things porman and other people have been saying. But how can you not judge someone by the way they act? I think its more regional than just overall race. Like if i saw some black on the streets of Los Angeles with a couple friends im going to assume that they have a gun or something.. But if you saw a black guy and his friends out in the country i don't think you have the same assumption.

29. Unread #15 - May 9, 2008 at 1:39 PM
  30. moneyman1000000
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

moneyman1000000 Member

Like I Said, The Environment Also Matters.

31. Unread #16 - May 9, 2008 at 11:35 PM
  32. reckell jr
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

reckell jr Active Member
    Banned

Not all black people are theiving "gangstas" but would you rent out your house to a black man that has one shoe and a torn shirt? hell no. would you rent it out to a black man that is well dressed and looks after himself, sure why not.

thats good point btw

33. Unread #17 - May 10, 2008 at 2:26 AM
  34. dukeybrowns
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

dukeybrowns Active Member

Theres this one sand ****** in my class, he talks like a ******. It bugs the shit out of me.

35. Unread #18 - May 10, 2008 at 3:23 AM
  36. The_Phoenix_HalfBreed
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

The_Phoenix_HalfBreed Apprentice

lol all people laugh at you all.... most of the time when a black person says " your racist" we're joking, no matter how serious we look, we're joking comically looking back on the past relationships between blacks and whites and taking the most unlikely thought in your head and putting it on the table to get a reaction lol. you all talk about seeing black people, did you ever try to relate to them.... im sure we all have something in common.

and you fear the violence your ancestors helped instigate.
    blame mom and pop.

37. Unread #19 - May 11, 2008 at 6:51 PM
  38. moneyman1000000
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

moneyman1000000 Member

They are not kidding where I am.

39. Unread #20 - May 11, 2008 at 8:43 PM
  40. The_Phoenix_HalfBreed
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

The_Phoenix_HalfBreed Apprentice

how do you know? oh i forgot you're a mind reader..or just one of those people who just know everything

< Others in the Universe... | How old is the universe? >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site