Lockwood95's Ultimate Hunter Guide

Discussion in 'RuneScape Miscellaneous' started by lockwood95, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Unread #1 - Mar 20, 2011 at 3:28 PM
  2. lockwood95
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

lockwood95 Newcomer

[​IMG]

Hello Everyone, I know I am still New to the forums however I would like to make my first contribution to the Community by Posting My Hunter Skill Guide. This is my first ever guide so please let me know if you feel I have missed anything.
    Before Taking on the Challenge of Hunter I Recommend you gain access to the Fairy Ring Network as this will make traveling to Different Hunter locations allot easier.
    In order to Begin Training Hunter you will need Equipment that you can get in two ways, The First is Buying your Hunter Equipment at One of the two Hunter Shops in Runescape, Either in Yanille (Recommended) or in Nardah. The Other Option is simply Buying Your Equipment on the Grand Exchange. **Note: You will need to buy some equipment from the Grand Exchange as it is not available at the hunter shops

[​IMG]

If you regularly visit Yanille then you don’t need to buy all your equipment at once but I will list all the Equipment you will ever need here. You can decide when to buy what.
    Shopping List
    4-6 Bird Snares: 6gp Each
    1 Butterfly Net : 24gp
    10-20 Box Traps: 38gp each
    10-20 Butterfly jars 1gp each
    **Note The Following Items Cannot Be Bought From A Hunter Shop and instead May Be acquired from the Grand Exchange or by other means.
    40-60 Ropes: 127gp on GE or can be bought from Ned in Drayor for 15gp each
    40-60 Small Fishing Nets: 651 gp on GE or can be bought from a fishing shop for 40gp each
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Training:
    Hunting Can Be Trained in Many Different Ways As your Level Increases, I am Going to Highlight the methods I used and found to be most effective.
    From Lv 1-29 you will be catching different Birds so I Recommend bringing 4-6 bird snares incase you loose them due to random Events. Also You May Want to Bring Items for a secondary task such as arrows heads and shafts or High Alching as at this point Hunting is very Slow and Boring Xp.

Lvl 1-20
    At This Point you will be Hunting Crimson Swifts which are Extremely Slow Xp but never the less are best xp at this point. Swifts are Located on the Beach South East of Feldip Hills. The Fastest way to get to the hunting Ground is using Fairy Ring Code AKS and walking South East to the Beach Hunting Grounds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    In Order to reach Level 20 you must catch 132 Crimson Swifts. While Hunting Birds if one is caught it will appear hung upside Down on the trap, if the trap fails it the bar on the snare will be on the ground. Burry the Bones and keep the feathers if you want however there not worth much.
    Alternatively at Lvl 9 You Can Switch to Copper Longtails However they are quite a bit out of the way so I recommend sticking with Swifts. If you do Switch to Longtails at Lvl 9 you will need to catch 58 to reach Lvl 20.
    Lvl20-29
    at this Point you will Be able to use 2 Traps Making Hunting a bit faster but still rather slow. You will now be hunting Tropical Wagtails until Lvl 29, in order to reach Lvl 29 you will need to catch 79 Wagtails.

[​IMG]

Lvl 29-50
    You can now Lay Net Traps and will be catching swamp Lizards **Note Priest in Peril Must be Completed in order to access the Swamps.
    In Order to Catch Swap Lizards you will need a rope and a Small Fishing Net, Between 29 and 50 you will be able to set 2-3 Traps at a time so have 10-15 ropes and Nets in your Bank before you head to Canfis.

[​IMG]

You will need to Catch 588 Swamp Lizards to Reach Lvl 50, But you Have a Choice, Swamp Lizards Currently cost 2000gp on Grand Exchange, if you want you may bank them as you catch them if you do you will make 1176000gp, or you can simply Release them for faster Xp.
    Lvl 50-60
    Once again you have a choice if you still want to make money you can stick with swamp Lizards until Lvl 60 (you will need to catch 1135 more swamp Lizards for a total of 2270000gp) but if you are looking for faster Experience then you can move on to Orange Salamanders.
    Orange Salamanders are located in the Desert South East of the Shantay Pass **Note You Will Need Water Skins and Desert Robes to Avoid Death.
    There Are Two Ways to Travel to The Salamanders The First is simply walking from the Shantay Pass The Other is Using The Fairy Ring DLQ Witch takes you Just South of the Hunting Ground

[​IMG]

You will need to Catch 770 Orange Salamanders to Reach Lvl 60. Since you can set 3 Traps at this Point the Recommended Inventory is 5-6 nets and ropes, 12-4 full water skins Desert Ropes a Dremen Staff and a knife (cut healthy cacti for water). Always Release Salamanders after Catching them as they are worth next to nothing. Also you may need to make 2 trips if you run out of water.

Lvl 60-75:
    First I Would Like To Congratulate you on making it this far, you won’t believe how many people give up before level 20 XD. O ya You can set 4 Traps Now :D
    At this point we will be hunting Red Salamanders, Red Salamanders Can Be Found Around the ZMI Alter, The Best spot is Just south of the Chaos Alter. If you have Access to the lunar Spell Book you can Teleport Directly There. If not then you have a decent walk.

[​IMG]

Before you Leave to go to the ZMI Make sure you have a fair number of nets and ropes in your bank. The Recommended Inventory for this trip is 5-6 ropes and nets and 100-300 cheap runes (Mind runes will due). The reason for bring the runes is there is a bank down the ladder in the ZMI Alter however the banker charges 20 runes for the privilege of using his bank so by taking the mind runes you can bank in case you lose you equipment.
    In Order to Reach Lvl 75 you will need to catch 3444 Red Salamanders.

Once you Make it to Lvl 75 you Have a Choice, you can Continue catching Red Salamanders until Lvl 90 or you can Switch to Red chinchompa’s . I Recommend sticking with Salamanders until 90 because there is a lot of competition for red Chins due to their value if you wait until Lvl 90 you will be able to beat most people for Chins. 75-90 you will need to catch 15,206 Red salamanders. For location and hunting methods of chins see below
    If you switched to Chins it will take awhile but will have its rewards you will need to catch 15,608 red chins to get to level 90 making you around 9.6m
    **Note at Lvl 80 you will be able to lay 5 traps making Chin Hunting faster

Lvl 90-99
    you will be catching Red Chinchompa’s using Box Traps in order to reach lv 99 you will need to catch 29,012 Red Chinchompas making you around 17.8m
    Red Chinchompas are Located South of Feldip Hills (Quick access Via Fairy Ring AKS) You should Bring 9-10 box traps, a bow, hunter clothing, butterfly net, dremen staff, 12 butterfly jars

[​IMG]

When Red Chinchompa Hunting there are a few trick you can use, First Have a Bow Equiped without arrows this stops you from attacking the chins which will make them explode dealing you damage. Second bring a butterfly net and jars to catch black warlocks while waiting for chins to trap themselves. Third if you don’t wish to catch butterflies then “spawn catching” will increase xp
    Spawn Catching is a way of setting up your traps around the spawn of a chin so that no matter what direction it goes it will hit a trap and either get caught or the trap will fail. If the chin escapes shoot it with an arrow to kill it to make it spawn again.

Congratz you have reached 99 Hunter!
    [​IMG]

Where do you go from here?
    Well there are a few thing you can do with high Lvl Hunter, First you may want to get yourself a Skill cape, but One of the biggest is the Impetuous Impulses activity. Impetuous Impulses can be done all over runescape but for the sake of money making traveling to puro-puro.
    Impetuous Impulses is an activity where you try and catch implings that have been stealing wealth from all over runescape the best place to hunt these implings is in there home realm of puro-puro. Puro-Puro Is accessed though Crop Circles throughout Runescape, however there is a permanent portal in the wheat field in Zanaris. Inventory: using the bank in zanaris take the following items: Butterfly Net Rune Required to used the highest stun spell you can use, and a lot of impling jars. **Note it is also Recomended to have high strength, agility, thieving, and magic to play the activity effectively
    Upon entering Puro Puro you will be in centre of a large wheat maze that is constantly changing. to enter the maze you must push though the wheat. Puro-Puro is full of all different implings, however for the sake of money making you will be searching for the rare implings: Magpie, Ninja, Dragon, Zombie and Kingly. Once caught you can either loot an impling or sell it on the grand exchange, I recommend selling the full jars on the grand exchange as the odd are the loot will not be worth what you will get the the GE.
    Just how much money can you make? Well Kingly impling jars are currently worth 612k, dragon impling jars are worth 338k, Magpie impling jars are worth 22k, ninja impling jars are worth 19.9k and Zombie Impling jars are worth 15.8k.
    Now during my time in Puro-Puro i found that the best locations to find these rare implings are in the north west and south east corners of the maze, I believe these to be rare spawn points, using this information i was able to average 1-1.4m per hour.
    Tips: after catching a dragon or kingly impling it is recommended that you hop worlds as the odds of another one spawning so soon is very low. Using binding spells on implings is recommended as when you are trying to get to them they may fly away. Also if you are planning on only going for dragon and kingly implings don’t as it seems as if only 2 implings from then list i gave earlier can spawn at a time so by not catching them you have stopped the other implings from spawning, also if you come across an impling you can’t catch such as the pirate impling because you haven’t completed rocking out then switch worlds.

[​IMG]

Thank you for reading my guide if you have any suggestions please let me know!:idea:

3. Unread #2 - Mar 20, 2011 at 6:00 PM
  4. Spyder580
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Spyder580 Member

Nice guide!

5. Unread #3 - Mar 20, 2011 at 7:35 PM
  6. lockwood95
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

lockwood95 Newcomer

thxs :D

7. Unread #4 - Mar 20, 2011 at 8:03 PM
  8. lolfail
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

lolfail Guru
    Banned

very nice guide

9. Unread #5 - Mar 20, 2011 at 9:56 PM
  10. sarahs
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

sarahs Apprentice
    Banned

add black salamanders. other than that good job.

11. Unread #6 - Mar 21, 2011 at 9:07 AM
  12. lockwood95
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

lockwood95 Newcomer

i thought about add them but due to level needed to hunt them and that traps are far apart and that they are in wildy not good exp

13. Unread #7 - Mar 25, 2011 at 9:12 AM
  14. lockwood95
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

lockwood95 Newcomer

Bump!

15. Unread #8 - Apr 3, 2011 at 8:10 PM
  16. lockwood95
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

lockwood95 Newcomer

bump!

17. Unread #9 - Apr 3, 2011 at 11:56 PM
  18. RaquoKiller
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

RaquoKiller Active Member
    Banned

Very nice guide, I'll be sure to use this on my main :), thank you

19. Unread #10 - Apr 6, 2011 at 1:30 AM
  20. wild_man_ryan
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

wild_man_ryan Forum Addict

Nice work on the guide dude! One of the better ones i have seen.. will sure use it. Thanks!

21. Unread #11 - Apr 6, 2011 at 4:49 AM
  22. indiobeltran
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

indiobeltran Member

hunter bot ftw

23. Unread #12 - Apr 6, 2011 at 9:32 AM
  24. superdupe
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

superdupe Forum Addict
    Banned

not special/not bad

25. Unread #13 - Sep 16, 2011 at 11:18 PM
  26. lockwood95
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

lockwood95 Newcomer

bump to helping hunters

27. Unread #14 - Sep 16, 2011 at 11:27 PM
  28. ibuffo
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

ibuffo Forum Addict

Nice work man. This is a good first guide.

29. Unread #15 - Sep 18, 2011 at 5:03 PM
  30. wackywamba
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

wackywamba Guru

Thank you so much, I've never done hunter in my life before and wasn't even sure where to start a bot for it. This is just what I was looking for.

:) Much appreciated.

31. Unread #16 - Sep 18, 2011 at 8:03 PM
  32. RSADealer
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

RSADealer Newcomer

Bump for you man, nice guide - Clear & to the point. Thanks for sharing your knowledge. I done some falconry on my skiller to gain a few hunter levels. It broke up the monotony a bit ;)

33. Unread #17 - Sep 20, 2011 at 3:48 PM
  34. SomeFormOfHuman
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

SomeFormOfHuman Forum Addict
    Banned

This is a VERY detailed guide.

I recently bought the hunter bot and I will be following. Thanks!

35. Unread #18 - Sep 21, 2011 at 5:54 AM
  36. Zerkerfist
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Zerkerfist ..My kingdom for a kiss upon her shoulder..
    $5 USD Donor New

Wow! Great guide man! I am really glad that I found this as I have never trained hunter before (quit RS for 5 years and just came back 3 months ago) and have to get 61 hunter for the handcannon, aswell as defender of Varrock to satisfy some of the quest requirements for turmoil. I keep putting it off because I really have no idea where to start, but this guide will be extremely helpful for me. Kudos mate :)

< Trying to get back to 10k views on pk vid for chaotic ways(chaotic maul pure) | Prosperity PK~ 24/7 old school 06 Pk/Stake >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site