How to Quit Smoking.

Discussion in 'Guides' started by SexayMistahBee, Sep 15, 2012.

How to Quit Smoking.
  1. Unread #1 - Sep 15, 2012 at 1:33 AM
  2. SexayMistahBee
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Username:
    SexayMistahBee

SexayMistahBee Sexiest Bee On Earth
    $50 USD Donor New

How to Quit Smoking.

How do you quit smoking? You just don't. It's that simple. I mean physically, it takes more energy to find a place to smoke, grab a cigarette, put it in your mouth and inhale it than to not smoke it at all.

The key to doing this is self-control, but not a lot of us have it. Thus, I'd like to share some methods of increasing it.

Water
    The first step of successfully quitting smoking is drinking WATER. That's it, water, H2O.

Wait until you have a craving for a cigarette. When it comes to you, drink a tall glass of ice-cold water, and your craving will go away. I don't know the biology behind this; maybe the cold-water does something to your blood flow that simulates the effects of nicotine. Or maybe your blood vessels contract as a reaction to the cold water to make the blood flow to your limbs minimal, so that the blood flow is concentrated towards the core of your body to counter the effects of the coldness, and that sudden shock from the cold water makes you forget about your need for nicotine.

Whatever it is, the important thing is that it WORKS.

Tease Yourself
    This is always the tricky part. Seriously, would you rather choose a cigarette or a cup of cold-water when you crave your nicotine? If you didn't have the self-control, you would probably go find a cigarette. If this happens, then it means that we need more self-control. So what do you do?

You need to be teased. During my first day, I ate at a restaurant where they allowed smoking. I asked for an ashtray and put the cigarettes that I had in front of it, so that I had the chance to smoke anytime I wanted. But I didn't. After I finished my meal, I left my cigarettes and lighter on the table; I didn't want them anymore.

That following evening, I met a friend and asked him to tease me with cigarettes. He kept blowing smoke in my face, and shoved one in my mouth and handed me a lighter. During that one hour of hell that I was meeting him, he kept on repeating the fact that I could quit another day and that there were cigarettes available for me at the instant.

I didn't smoke that day and went to sleep feeling like a boss. That night, I had a VERY vivid dream that I gave into the teasing and treated myself to a cigarette and regret swarmed over me instantly. But then I woke up, realized it was a dream, and felt like a boss :)

Talk To Yourself
    During your endeavor to quit, talk to yourself. Remind yourself how bad cigarettes are for your health. They change your image, makes you age faster and increases the risks of cancer and a quicker death. They are disgusting.

Remind that to yourself when you want a cigarette.
    In fact, say it out loud.

Say something that would make yourself look like a fucking-retard if you DID light a cigarette even after saying what you told yourself.

On an unrelated note: If you do manage to quit smoking, then you'll feel like a boss. You'll wake up each morning knowing that you are a man of self-control, and that you don't need cigarettes in your life.

In fact, I felt so motivated that I started doing things that I normally wouldn't do; get my work done on usual, exercise more often, gather up the courage to ask a girl out even though I knew that I could be rejected (I did get rejected.)

I felt and still feel as if nothing is impossible if I just put my mind on it.

So go put that cigarette away, today is D-Day for you.

^ Dalt, Shroomtastic, Fur and 2 others like this.
  3. Unread #2 - Sep 15, 2012 at 1:56 AM
  4. kill dank
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    St. Patrick's Day 2013

kill dank Hero

How to Quit Smoking.

great way to lay it out man. It's all about will power. Addiction isn't shit.

^ Dalt likes this.
  5. Unread #3 - Sep 15, 2012 at 2:35 AM
  6. Alma Mater
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Alma Mater Grand Master
    Do Not Trade

How to Quit Smoking.

should mention something about those water vapor things

7. Unread #4 - Sep 15, 2012 at 2:46 AM
  8. Jack
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Member of the Month Winner Sythe's 10th Anniversary Wubba Lubba Dub Dub The Mortyest Morty Sythe Awards 2012 Winner Le Kingdoms Player Two Factor Authentication User Spam Forum Participant I'm LAAAAAAAME
    Signature of the Month Winner

Jack The Infamous Spam Forum King
    Retired Administrator Cool Cat Legendary

How to Quit Smoking.

Decent layout. You may want to request the title changed to How To Quit Smoking, not how to "quick" smoking. You should also change it in your signature. If they are having trouble quitting you could mention something about nicotine gum or patches, etc.

9. Unread #5 - Sep 15, 2012 at 7:32 AM
  10. BGlave
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

BGlave Guru
    Banned

How to Quit Smoking.

Drinking water helps, but the others can be dangerous.

Seeing a therapy and getting those patches helps. I guess if you're mentally strong you can stop following these steps.

11. Unread #6 - Sep 15, 2012 at 7:52 AM
  12. SexayMistahBee
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Username:
    SexayMistahBee

$50 USD Donor New

How to Quit Smoking.

Once you get over it, you wonder how it controlled you in the first place :p

Are you talking about electronic cigarettes? Nah. While they did help me lay off the cigarettes, I was still addicted to the nicotine from them :/

Haha thanks, I wonder how I managed to misspell quit.
    I'm over my nicotine addiction now completely.

And I didn't use nicotine patches or gum, so I wouldn't know how to recommend them and thus, I wont include them in my guide :p
    thanks anyways lol

What others are you talking about? :/
    And no, I'm not going to recommend anything that I haven't tried; I would know how to :p

13. Unread #7 - Sep 15, 2012 at 7:55 AM
  14. BGlave
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

BGlave Guru
    Banned

How to Quit Smoking.

I meant teasing/talking to yourself.

Most people who aren't mentally strong will end up hurting themselves.

15. Unread #8 - Sep 15, 2012 at 10:38 AM
  16. SexayMistahBee
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Username:
    SexayMistahBee

$50 USD Donor New

How to Quit Smoking.

Let me get this straight
    Let's say that you're addicted to smoking, but you want to quit.
    So if I hand you a cigarette so that you would have the chance to smoke want, you would hurt yourself?
    Or if you tell yourself that you're a strong person and that you get by just as well without playing the game, you will hurt yourself?

I'm pretty sure that that's not what you're talking about but you're being pretty vague.

17. Unread #9 - Sep 15, 2012 at 2:28 PM
  18. Itz Taztee
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Itz Taztee Newcomer

How to Quit Smoking.

Decent man. the brain overpowers everything. I'm trying to quit now. It has been 4 days (long days). Every time I get a craving I just tell myself that
    I'm in control and I don't need a cigarette.

19. Unread #10 - Sep 15, 2012 at 2:57 PM
  20. BGlave
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

BGlave Guru
    Banned

How to Quit Smoking.

Therapist came to my health class a few years ago and described what happened to his patients, or incidents hes seen. Most people really want to stop, and to do that they will end up hurting themselves in the process to suffice.

21. Unread #11 - Sep 15, 2012 at 3:38 PM
  22. Sebastian Vael
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Sebastian Vael Pokemon master
    Banned

How to Quit Smoking.

Agree with OP, great tips even though i don't smoke, i do know however ones who do.

23. Unread #12 - Sep 16, 2012 at 4:32 AM
  24. Grave
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    grave#9889
    Pizza Muncher Brony (3) MushyMuncher (2) Le Monkey (2) Not sure if srs or just newfag... Bojack Penguin (2) Wubba Lubba Dub Dub (2) Gohan has AIDS (2) Dunce
    Rust Player I'm LAAAAAAAME Yellow rat

Grave #1 preferred sexual partner of Ciara "5/5" -New York Times
    $5 USD Donor

How to Quit Smoking.

Can you please cite your source(s) on your claim that smoking is bad for your health?

^ Keeky likes this.
  25. Unread #13 - Sep 16, 2012 at 4:43 AM
  26. Syed
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Sythe Awards 2012 Winner Gohan has AIDS (3) ??? Rust Player I'm LAAAAAAAME (2) Shitting Rainbow (2)

Syed Hero
    Retired Sectional Moderator $50 USD Donor New

How to Quit Smoking.

Nice guide, I actually have a friend who I met through Sythe who smokes a ton, I'll show him this guide and maybe he'll decide he should quit. I really enjoy talking to him and it makes me feel bad that his life will be shortlived because of this cancerous, soul-sucking addiction.

Maybe get a quick title fix. ;P

27. Unread #14 - Sep 16, 2012 at 4:46 AM
  28. SexayMistahBee
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Username:
    SexayMistahBee

$50 USD Donor New

How to Quit Smoking.

I don't think that I ever made that claim, but if you do want more information on its harms,
    Campbell Biology, page 423
    is a credible source.

29. Unread #15 - Sep 16, 2012 at 10:17 AM
  30. Laurie
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    M
    Two Factor Authentication User SytheSteamer

Laurie
    Retired Sectional Moderator Pirate $50 USD Donor

How to Quit Smoking.

Agreed with the will power thing, and the addiction part quote above.
    My girlfriend had been smoking since she was 15 or so, and after meeting me and hearing my views on smoking she immediately stopped smoking, at first with the aid of electronic ciggarettes but due to the shit quality of them, didn't bother with them. She's been smoke free for a good while now.

Having a legitimate reason to quit helps endless amounts.

31. Unread #16 - Sep 16, 2012 at 10:56 AM
  32. SexayMistahBee
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Username:
    SexayMistahBee

$50 USD Donor New

How to Quit Smoking.

I'll take your word for it, you don't look like a guy who would go trolling a random person's guide.
    That's also pretty interestng, can you elaborate?

haha, I wish the best for your friend.
    And I see what you did there with the pun :eek:

thanks, I wrote this guide strictly with personal experience and I'm glad to see people agree :p
    And I'm sure that you've seen more changes in your friend rather than just not-smoking :p

Or maybe not lol

33. Unread #17 - Sep 16, 2012 at 3:54 PM
  34. Marek
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Marek Forum Addict
    $5 USD Donor New

How to Quit Smoking.

Good thread, I have a few friends and family members very addicted to smoking, maybe I'll pass some of this along to them.

35. Unread #18 - Sep 17, 2012 at 4:16 AM
  36. Visual3volution
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Visual3volution Forum Addict

How to Quit Smoking.

I'm working on quitting cigarettes. I will refer to your tips when I decide to stop completely. :) Thanks for the tips!

37. Unread #19 - Sep 17, 2012 at 10:00 PM
  38. MKarn
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

MKarn Previously known as MkarnRanger
    Banned

How to Quit Smoking.

Well, once it become an addiction, its pretty difficult to quit it, as stated you have to lower the number of the product by week and week and week, also for each cig smoked you have 5 minutes less of life from what I've heard.
    Well stated guide, hope it helps out some people :noworry:

39. Unread #20 - Sep 18, 2012 at 12:54 AM
  40. Bubbi
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Bubbi Forum Addict

How to Quit Smoking.

It is quite addictive.
    What I did was I did weed and hookah as a replacement.

< How To Post A Picture On Sythe Forums! | How To Lucid Dream Tonight! >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site