"FIFA Street (also known as FIFA Street 4 or FIFA Street 2012) is a forthcoming game in EA Sports' FIFA Street franchise based on street football. It will be the first such game in almost four years, and a reboot for the series. FIFA Street is being developed by some of the same team behind FIFA 12, including creative director Gary Paterson, and will use the FIFA 12 game engine. Sid Misra, the line producer for FIFA Street, promised "the first true quality street football experience."
Gameplay from today (February 28th)
World Tour Mode
Why does this game have me excited?
- It will be a refreshing change from regular Fifa 12
- It has been long overdue (Last Fifa Street came out in spring of 2008)
- From what I have read and seen I'm excited to try out the 35 differents courts you can play on, from the streets of Amsterdam to the white sand beaches of Rio de Janeiro.
- New street football inspired gametypes like Panna (A game played 1 versus 1 in a small area. The object of the game is to dribble the ball through the opponent's legs and then retrieve the ball before the opponent does so, which is called a nutmeg. Once a player has completed a nutmeg, the game is over - Should be interesting.)
- Demo launched today! (February 28th)
- Regular games are 2 on 2, 4 on 4 and 5 on 5, should be cool.
- And finally, there will be a game type similar to head to head seasons (which will be called street seasons) where you build your own team from the world's best. I'm curious to see how similar this will be to regular head to head seasons and ultimate team.