SytheMonthly ±November Edition±

Discussion in 'Community General' started by JohnK, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Unread #1 - Nov 27, 2011 at 7:37 PM
  2. JohnK
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

JohnK A$AP
    Retired Sectional Moderator

[​IMG]
    November Edition - The Rebirth​

Hello all, it is with pleasure to welcome you to the SytheMonthly! Some of you oldfags may remember a previous 'monthly community newsletter' also known as "SytheMonthly" (+1 for originality), which was ran by the User Education team that unfortunately came to an abrupt end late last year with the User Education members going their own ways and abandoning the project. Not only do I speak for myself, but many others when I say it was a shame to see a venture of that potential come to a close. As I was sitting here one night thinking about possible community projects, I coined the idea of a regular community newsletter. I then remembered it had already been attempted before as 'SytheMonthly' and thought "Why not rehash this project?".. And well, here it is. The return of SytheMonthly! ​

Sythe Headlines
    Rebirth of Official Guide Verification
    After a short hiatus of about 1 month, the Official Guide Verification system is officialy back and reintroduced to Sythe. I think we can all say it was a sorry loss not to have OGV around and the reintroduction was a welcomed change. With over 100 users applying for a position of Official Guide Verifier, the process of selecting those was not an easy job. Congrats again to those 8 users selected: -Ryan, Kabal, ll champion, Pockets, Pokerking88, Rsaccounttrader, Sanctuary, Shoopadoop, Snow Patrol, Superman123321 and video!

LiveHelp chat system opened
    Thanks to a bright idea from Karl and Matthew's superb dedication, we are pleased to welcome LiveHelp. Just like any live chat, you can use this to quickly get in touch to have any of your queries answered by a member of our staff. Located one click away at the top of the menu bar, if you have any queries regarding anything Sythe related, this is a very easy and accessible way of getting help. This means no asking LiveHelp operators to take their clothes off!

Moving to a new IRC server
    The striked IRC server has been abandoned, with Giddy and Sacro moving the unofficial Sythe IRC server to a new location. The new location is at www.sythe-irc.org, the server for mIRC users being irc.sythe-irc.org, with the channel remaining as #sythe. Please, no colors!

Alternative donation methods introduced
    After ongoing support for a donation system via Liberty Reserve, you may now donate to Sythe via Liberty Reserve. Courtesy of The Black Tux, who has been given the go-ahead by Matthew, I hope it works out. TBT has also set up a RSGP donations store, which is a great effort, well done and thanks to TBT!​

Notable user changes
    November has been a pretty quiet month, however, there is always something going down...​

New Official Middleman
    Well done to Snow Patrol, who finally finished his application and was promoted to OMM. Congrats buddy, it is very well deserved!

Farcast resigns as Global Moderator
    Farcast, who since returning to staff in April was promoted to the position of Global moderator in July, resigned as Global moderator in the middle of the month. He states his resignation is due to being heavily busy with school and other IRL issues. Thanks for all your contributions, Farcast.

Scottay resigns as Market Moderator
    Promoted to Market Moderator in August, Scottay leaves staff because of IRL commitments. Another unfortunate of staff ranks. Screw you reality.

Arcus Isidar becomes a $1000 donator after donating an additional $400 to his existing donation. dat rank

lured_yah, Pure nitros, The Black Tux and rstrader1471 all join the $200 donators club. Good job.

Meeder1, Jeff., Beestar, Punjabi3 and Awesome Stranger respectively gain 2,000 posts and join the rank of Grand Master this month, well done.

Music juniors... who changed the most?

Staff Interview: [​IMG]
    Hello, SuF, thanks for accepting to be the first interviewed of SytheMonthly!
    <SuF> No problem?

Hope it isn't, sir. Starting with the basics, how did you find Sythe and what were your intentions upon joining?
    <SuF> Um. Runescape something way back in the days... Lurked randomly looking at Runescape stuff randomly.... Then remembered it later and joined in late 2006... Oh... Found it with a Google Search and didn't really have many intentions by joining... I posted like 100 times in months

You've been around for a while now. What has kept you around all these years?
    <SuF> I dunno. It was Runescape for awhile... Now its more of just a place to talk to people and stuff. I go through periods of inactivty but I come back since its something to do... And getting staff back made me a lot more active again...

What are the most significant or defining events in your Sythe history?
    <SuF> Oh I hate these questions... >_>. I dunno. My first stint on staff was boring and the time before that I can't remember. My rage quit and then creating a philosophy of my own is basically the most significant thing... Even though that involves a lot of things...

Lol, that would require a whole other interview. Okay, what are you doing in terms of schooling and hope to pursue afterwards?
    <SuF> I'm a freshman at Marist college studying computer science. I'm thinking I want to work for IBM once I graduate (with a masters) but I'm not really sure yet.

Do you work at the moment or have any sources of income?
    <SuF> I work parttime at the farm I have my horse at for minimum wage. I need to not buy so much random food and shit so I could save up some more cash but eh. I make enough to keep me happy and take my girlfriend out sometimes...

What are your main interests outside of Sythe? What do you enjoy doing?
    <SuF> I program and ride horses.... I'm such an introvert so I like being alone and thinking about stuff a lot and I don't do much other than working, school, sleep, and girlfriendin. And when I do get a day to just stay home and do nothing I sleep in and do nothing all day since I'm basically always on GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO.

Describe yourself in 3 words.
    <SuF> atheist liberal redneck

What are your plans for your future on Sythe?
    <SuF> Not ragequit again and do some good shit

Alright, I'll wrap it up now. Any last words?
    <SuF> FOR THE FATHERLAND!

Opinion
    Want your opinion heard? PM me your response to the question and be featured in the next edition of SytheMonthly
    Bots were removed from RuneScape just over 4 weeks ago. What will be in store for the future of botting? Is there any future?

Happenings

What's been happening this month...
    - No Shave November! Some Sythe users' progress logs here. Don't worry Govind, you're still a champ ;)
    - Kinaesthic's Signature of the Month competition, if graphics is your thing, check it out! Click here.
    - Fancy yourself as a bit lucky? Give Giddy's Official Random Rolling Roulette a go... if you dare
    - MohtasaUnique has created our very own Sythe Minecraft server, 'SytheCraft'. All you minefags, get on it: Minecraft Server
    - And of course, Happy Thanksgiving to our American users. Poor Turkeys :(

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Coming up on Sythe: Craigslist of virtual goods...​

• Sythe.org Virogrid Tournament! It's been a while since I've done a tournament, and I've decided to go with a game people aren't familiar with. Of course, it's on Funorb, so if you want familiarize yourself and get an edge over your competition, I'd recommend start practicing now.. Click here to play Virogrid.

• Sythe Christmas Lottery - Stay tuned for more info.

• 2011 Annual Sythe Awards

• NBA will be back this month!! #knicks

• And of course, tis' the season and that time of year again. Christmas is coming up! Hope you uhh... celebrate well...!

Insert appropriate farewell header here
    And well, there it is, the return of the SytheMonthly! This being the first issue of the 'return', keep in mind it is just a pilot :p. Please let me know of any comments, questions or feedback you may have! I want to make this readable and not a waste of time as it is for the community. This will be a regular now, so if you could suggest a segment for future edition, maybe an improvement or just want to leave an interesting or creative response in the comments section below (lol) for the SytheMonthly, please do so! All comments are welcome, thanks for reading!

[​IMG]

3. Unread #2 - Nov 27, 2011 at 7:41 PM
  4. The Black Tux
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Two Factor Authentication User Cool Kid Former OMM Cook RsProd Sythe Awards 2012 Winner Village Drunk

The Black Tux Veteran
    The Black Tux Donor Java Programmers PHP Programmers

I love how this is such a funny-told but serious thing stuff!

Sucks that Scottay resigned. :(

Btw, PA method is also available now.

New unofficial IRC sucks :(

Amazing :D

5. Unread #3 - Nov 27, 2011 at 7:45 PM
  6. Emperor Nero
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Sythe's 10th Anniversary Heidy

Emperor Nero Hero
    $5 USD Donor New

Sweet, this is awesome. I am going to be joining the Grand Masters next month, so be ready. If you need any help with this feel free to PM me John.

7. Unread #4 - Nov 27, 2011 at 7:52 PM
  8. FishFishy
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

FishFishy I'm a good guy.
    Do Not Trade

Very well written.

I'm glad that it's back, and it's definitely better than ever before. :D

Good work.

9. Unread #5 - Nov 27, 2011 at 7:52 PM
  10. -Ryan
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    -Ryan#2126
    Two Factor Authentication User In Memory of Jon Heidy Summer 2016 STEVE (3)

-Ryan Make Sythe Great Again!
    Retired Global Moderator $100 USD Donor New

Hey I'm in there! Fun to read John.

Oh and this

11. Unread #6 - Nov 27, 2011 at 7:54 PM
  12. Revolight
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Revolight Grand Master
    Banned

Awesome read, thanks John!

13. Unread #7 - Nov 27, 2011 at 7:56 PM
  14. Karl
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Karl Devils Advocate
    Do Not Trade

I absolutely love it, its not as linear as the original editions, its easy to read and is light-hearted, I hope it remains like this and look forward to upcoming editions!

15. Unread #8 - Nov 27, 2011 at 7:56 PM
  16. inpherus
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Two Factor Authentication User Tier 1 Prizebox (5)

inpherus inpherus-upgrades.com
    Inpherus Donor

A great idea, structured wonderfully and a good job by mr oosh!

17. Unread #9 - Nov 27, 2011 at 8:00 PM
  18. Laptop65
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Sythe RSPS Player Sythe Awards 2012 Winner Sythe's 10th Anniversary St. Patrick's Day 2013

Laptop65 Hero
    $50 USD Donor New

Interesting read, nice to see something totally different on Sythe.

19. Unread #10 - Nov 27, 2011 at 8:11 PM
  20. Austintheman
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Christmas 2014 Halloween 2014 (2) Easter 2015 Homosex

Austintheman Hero

Pretty cool :p thanks oosh.

21. Unread #11 - Nov 27, 2011 at 8:22 PM
  22. Jeff
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Two Factor Authentication User MushyMuncher Christmas 2014 Christmas 2015 Easter 2016 Sythe's 10th Anniversary Pizza Muncher Homosex Extreme Homosex SytheSteamer
    Lawrence

Jeff Previously named: Jeff.

Awesome work mate.

I know how much time you've spent planning/organising this to happen.

Fantastic job.

However, a few notable suggestions:

I honestly do not think that <SuF> is needed for each answer he produces, as the audience already knows who you are interviewing.

A puzzle/quiz for each month would create a community involvement for the members who read this each month.

You could include the answer to the previous months puzzle/quiz within each monthly issue.

Nevertheless, great job and I'm awaiting the next edition!

23. Unread #12 - Nov 27, 2011 at 8:46 PM
  24. SuF
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    <3 n4n0 Two Factor Authentication User Community Participant Spam Forum Participant Sythe's 10th Anniversary

SuF Legend
    Pirate Retired Global Moderator

It was done in IRC so I think it was just easier to leave it.

25. Unread #13 - Nov 27, 2011 at 8:52 PM
  26. Superman
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Detective Two Factor Authentication User

Superman Legend

Interesting read.

27. Unread #14 - Nov 27, 2011 at 8:54 PM
  28. Nick
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Nick ♬♩ Young Forever ♪ ♫

Excellent newsletter; I feel as if it really fostered the sense of community here. The screw you reality in regard to Scotty leaving made me laugh as well.

29. Unread #15 - Nov 27, 2011 at 9:13 PM
  30. T V
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Halloween 2013 Penguin

T V Sum
    $100 USD Donor New

Very nicely put together John :)
    Looking forward to hearing more about the Christmas lottery and Annual awards

31. Unread #16 - Nov 27, 2011 at 9:25 PM
  32. ll champion
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Ll champion
    Lumpy Space Princess

ll champion Grand Master
    $25 USD Donor Competition Winner

This is absolutely amazing! I read every single sentance, was an excellent read; I didn't want to read alot but I sure was kept entertained. Please keep this up, and I'll be sure to PM you in regards of the question. I'll also note this gives people an incentive to contribute more to this community, get mentioned in the paper!

Edit: 11 people we selected to join the OGV team, not 8 :p

33. Unread #17 - Nov 27, 2011 at 10:03 PM
  34. Pockets
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Connect 4 Champion Green Finger

Pockets Don't cheat the man in the glass.
    Zombie Retired Sectional Moderator Competition Winner $100 USD Donor New

Don't have to tell me twice :p

What grid size should I be practicing?

35. Unread #18 - Nov 27, 2011 at 10:05 PM
  36. N Papadopulos
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

N Papadopulos Active Member

This is awesome! I loe the way it's written and I like reading about all the updates and stuff. I think this was a great idea to bring this back.

37. Unread #19 - Nov 27, 2011 at 10:05 PM
  38. rstrader1471
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

rstrader1471 Grand Master
    $200 USD Donor New

Very, very good JohnK! Was a good read, thought it was well laid out and had some features in there.

39. Unread #20 - Nov 27, 2011 at 10:05 PM
  40. Pokerking88
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Pokerking88 Hero
    Banned

Oosh, great read. You are such a great person for doing this <3
    Also the Knicks suck

< Sythe Awards 2011 | RS account price drop >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest