Spam forum perm ban Appeals

Discussion in 'Spam Forum' started by Sythe, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unread #1 - Aug 26, 2010 at 12:27 AM
  2. Sythe
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Sythe
    Dolan Duck Dolan Trump Supporting Business ???
    Poképedia
    Clefairy Jigglypuff
    Who did this to my freakin' car!
    Hell yeah boooi
    Tier 3 Prizebox Toast Wallet User
    I'm LAAAAAAAME Rust Player Mewtwo Mew Live Free or Die Poké Prizebox (42) Dat Boi

Sythe Join our discord

test

Administrator Village Drunk

I will hear perm ban appeals in a special format.

The appellant (the banned member) cannot represent them-self in the appeal.

The appeal is to be given by the appellant's peers in the form of an argument (including evidence) as to how the banned member is apparently a person of good character and reputation, and generally is of benefit to the community.

This is the criteria I will use to determine if bans recently made in the spam forum should be overturned.

The mod ban has been extended to permanent due to evidence of leaking. So that ban is not under public review presently. Other than that appeals may be posted to the dispute forum.

3. Unread #2 - Aug 26, 2010 at 12:33 AM
  4. Travis
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Travis Grand Master
    Banned

does this mean we also have the right to debate why they should remaind banned also?

5. Unread #3 - Aug 26, 2010 at 12:43 AM
  6. Sythe
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Sythe
    Poképedia
    Clefairy Jigglypuff
    Hell yeah boooi
    I'm LAAAAAAAME Rust Player Mewtwo Mew Live Free or Die Poké Prizebox (42) Dat Boi

Sythe Join our discord

test

Sure.

7. Unread #4 - Aug 26, 2010 at 12:45 AM
  8. conner052
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

conner052 Guru
    Banned

I think if you wanted someone to take you seriously bro you probably shouldn't of made the thread in the spam fourm.
    / Most members should be unbanned because im sure they took it as a joke.

9. Unread #5 - Aug 26, 2010 at 1:02 AM
  10. Sythe
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Sythe
    Poképedia
    Clefairy Jigglypuff
    Hell yeah boooi

Sythe Join our discord

test

Maybe, if I were giving them the benefit of the doubt, but in this case I'm not.

If you want to post in their defense I will only accept evidence and arguments of the form explained in the OP.

11. Unread #6 - Aug 26, 2010 at 1:03 AM
  12. Travis
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Travis Grand Master
    Banned

i don't think Gurtaton should be aloud back for the fact that he requested a "TWC" There is no real point in requesting negative symbols, ranks apart from wanting attention. I doubt we really need or want that on sythe otherwise there would be a "look at me" rank.

13. Unread #7 - Aug 26, 2010 at 1:09 AM
  14. conner052
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

conner052 Guru
    Banned

Alright so..
    When one posts something in the spam forum its meant to be taken lightly or a joke. The fact that you posted something official in the spam forum and really expected people to take you seriously is odd. Maybe you should have made it in General or something and this wouldn't of happened. And when you get all mad and ban people you just encourage more people to troll you. Perhaps just unban people and let them know you won't tolerate the bull shit since you own the site and if they want to troll you then ip ban them. As for the people that request a TWC for shits and giggles never take it off them or ban them from the market.

15. Unread #8 - Aug 26, 2010 at 1:21 AM
  16. Sythe
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Sythe
    Poképedia
    Clefairy Jigglypuff
    Hell yeah boooi

Sythe Join our discord

test

As I said, wrong form.

I understand that "duh I thought it was a joke" argument. I don't believe it, but I understand it.

17. Unread #9 - Aug 26, 2010 at 1:23 AM
  18. T R 1 B A L
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

T R 1 B A L Grand Master
    Retired Sectional Moderator

After going through the list of names that you banned, I have concluded that none are on the spam forum respected list, or worth my efforts to argue their unban (apart from Sindrefyrn, but he's a leaker apparently, so..).

Thanks for the chance though.

19. Unread #10 - Aug 26, 2010 at 1:25 AM
  20. InsanelyOdd
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

InsanelyOdd Forum Addict
    Banned

I am a double edged sword when it comes to this matter. Quite honestly I have never spoken to you before Sythe. I feel as if others are a little intimidated to say what they feel due to the fact that you are the owner. I respect the fact that you do host this site where we can come and trade virtual goods and chat among peers. I do not, however, respect the fact that you contradicted the reason of the spam forum and then decided to permanently ban people off of that contradiction.

I'm not sure as to what made you decide you wanted to do all of this. Maybe you had a bad day, maybe you just wanted to demonstrate your power over this website. Either way unfortunately, banning the users you did had a few negative affects. One; banning the users you did intimidated people. Users that want to donate from this point on may be lenient in doing so based on the fact that one day they could jokingly say the wrong thing and their donation perks and titles could be gone in an instant. Two; unnecessary drama. As long as I have been a member to this website I have looked from afar upon plenty enough drama in some of these threads. This drama often leads to unnecessary actions being taken in revenge. I feel that avoiding this alone would be worth not banning the users you did.

If you wanted to change the rules for that split second in which you did so, you should have banned the hundreds of other people flaming in this part of the forum. I saw a thread in which you gloated about banning the people you did. I wouldn't expect this from someone that runs such a profitable site as yourself. This website is, in essence, a business. I think it should be run in businesslike manner.

You have already stated that the mod ban is not under public review. But I have a few questions. Do you pay any of your staff? Do you realize without them this website would much different? Do you realize you do not have a means of donation by paypal but one of your staff members took it upon himself to ensure those who wanted to donate to your site could do so through paypal?

I feel as though all of the people should be unbanned, based on the statements above. I hope you understand where I and probably plenty of others are coming from.

21. Unread #11 - Aug 26, 2010 at 2:34 AM
  22. Sythe
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Sythe
    Poképedia
    Clefairy Jigglypuff
    Hell yeah boooi

Sythe Join our discord

test

Appeal accepted.

23. Unread #12 - Aug 26, 2010 at 2:47 AM
  24. Alteranz
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Alteranz Hero
    Zombie Angelic Retired Global Moderator

As I am unaware of the situation with Sindrefyrn (you're not obliged to answer this), someone has claimed he was behind the recent staff lounge leaking? Is this true?

25. Unread #13 - Aug 26, 2010 at 2:51 AM
  26. Sythe
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Sythe
    Poképedia
    Clefairy Jigglypuff
    Hell yeah boooi

Sythe Join our discord

test

Seems to be.

27. Unread #14 - Aug 26, 2010 at 2:57 AM
  28. Alteranz
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Alteranz Hero
    Zombie Angelic Retired Global Moderator

Fair enough, if it's true then I agree with the ban to remain.

Coincidentally, it was most likely the Spam forum that actually ended up leading him to his demise. He began to get more and more active in this section - socializing with the more troublesome members of the "Skype Crew", and indeed getting quite chummy with them. The more he posted here, the more I noticed his attitude changed from a nice and quiet guy to a fairly callous and overconfident person, also quite arrogant at times.

It seems the potentially bad influence of this place was quite strong on him - so I can understand where you're coming from...

29. Unread #15 - Aug 26, 2010 at 3:14 AM
  30. Deacon Frost
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Deacon Frost Grand Master
    Banned

A list of members who may be appealed:

selling guide
    PvZ
    Sup3r 4ut03r
    Fnukkin
    DoDgEBaLl
    Judge Winnley
    driveahonda

Those are the only ones left, people!

31. Unread #16 - Aug 26, 2010 at 3:50 AM
  32. Jmillky
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Jmillky Newcomer
    Banned

jCash

I'm fucking awesome.

33. Unread #17 - Aug 26, 2010 at 3:55 AM
  34. Grave
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    grave#9889
    Pizza Muncher Brony (3) MushyMuncher (2) Le Monkey (2) Not sure if srs or just newfag... Bojack Penguin (2) Wubba Lubba Dub Dub (2) Gohan has AIDS (2) Dunce
    Rust Player I'm LAAAAAAAME Yellow rat

Grave #1 preferred sexual partner of Ciara "5/5" -New York Times
    $5 USD Donor

Username: Sup3r 4ut03r

This person replied to someone with a question and seemed to be trying to help them or he was merely curious. However after looking around a bit more, I noticed that he was 'dared' by someone else to do it (http://www.sythe.org/showthread.php?t=907293). I'm sure many people have been dared to do stupid things and they do it to feel like they're cool. He's been a loyal member since 2008, and has made several reports (http://www.sythe.org/search.php?searchid=4868052) to try to help out. I also doubt he has any respect issues as he seemed grateful of the staff when the new theme was released (http://www.sythe.org/showpost.php?p=6806146&postcount=1). He has also contributed to the SFA (http://www.sythe.org/showthread.php?t=615001) but at the same time he's made other stupid mistakes (http://www.sythe.org/showthread.php?t=661011). Overally he's a pretty good member with an exceptional character and I would definitely say he benefits the community more than he harms it.

35. Unread #18 - Aug 26, 2010 at 4:26 AM
  36. Rsaccounttrader
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Rsaccounttrader Sythe Grandmaster
    rsaccounttrader Donor

Username: Driveahonda

While I don't personally know him, Driveahonda has consistently been a key and trustworthy trader in the Item Exchange Market.
    He as over 130 vouches: http://forum.sythe.org/showthread.php?t=845848, some of which where people have gone first to him for over $200. In my trade with him, he acted professionally and courteously over MSN.

However, I do not personally know him and have not interacted much with him, and the fact that he posted on that thread was downright stupid, even if he thought it was a joke. Upon research, he has never posted in the UE or PSA forums, so I cannot provide any examples for his willingness to help the community as Finn did for FishFishy.

37. Unread #19 - Aug 26, 2010 at 6:12 AM
  38. Dial
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Sythe's 10th Anniversary Two Factor Authentication User MushyMuncher Member of the Month Winner Easter 2015

Dial Experienced Web Developer
    $200 USD Donor New Pirate PHP Programmers

I'll back this up.

I recently did a trade with Driveahonda, he's a very nice guy, and acts very professional all of the time. I don't think he would troll at all. I went first, and he paid up after. As far as I'm aware (correct me if I'm wrong), you're banning "trolls". Driveahonda is not a troll at all, imo.

39. Unread #20 - Aug 26, 2010 at 6:20 AM
  40. Plznate
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Plznate Legend
    Do Not Trade

I too would like to argue for his unbanning. Driveahonda is, in the market section, one of the more active and trusted members. He has, over the past year, continually demonstrated honesty and good character throughout his transactions, building him a valuable resume of high dollar trades. I will even begrudging admit that he has MMed for me once, due to the other trader believing him to be more trusted!

Additionally, if viewing his posting habits, this member very infrequently even stepped into the spam forum. He has never participated in (nor would I think he even knows how to) troll anyone. His respectful attitude leads me to believe that he was truly in the wrong place, at the wrong time (when I spoke with him on MSN, he said he just posted for fun and thought nothing of it due to the presence of both Gohan and Sindre's posts in the thread). I respectfully request for his slight lapse of judgement in his posting to be overlooked considering his healthy and tasteful contributions to the most active section on your site. Thanks

< Sponge Cake anyone? | Seriously >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Adblock breaks this site