New sig (took over an hour!)

Discussion in 'Showcase Archives' started by Elacil, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Unread #1 - Jun 7, 2010 at 11:07 PM
  2. Elacil
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Elacil Newcomer

[​IMG]

oh ya I forgot that's not my name anymore but for the life of me I cant change the text without the sig looking the same well anyways I tried to get better from what you guys said but who knows I might have failed

P.S it took over an hour to make

3. Unread #2 - Jun 7, 2010 at 11:31 PM
  4. XSafire
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

XSafire Apprentice
    Banned

MUCH better, I'd say 300% improvement

-The lighting is just, well lights, it doesn't cast shadows or such, it is also right at the focal of the sig, and thus distracts and sharpens unwanted areas of the face. Try moving it more to the right, and lowering the opacity for starters.
    -The C4D's are a little too sharp, try blending them more, blending options would help too
    -No big complaint on the background, besides it's a little blah
    -The border looks nice in some places, but where it crosses the render and the text, it looks bad. I don't really have a good suggestion for this since it is a blending option. I'd say scrap it.
    -Text needs a lot of work
    -More C4D blending with the background and render
    -Make the background more interesting
    -Blend the edges of the render with the background

I'm not going to rate it as you have come very far, but still have a lot to learn.

Try looking up some photography tutorials, such as rules and general effects to learn some about photography, as well as photoshop. Rule of thirds, exposure and noise are good places to start.

I would like to see you make revisions to this, rather than make a new sig. Unlike your last, this has potential.

5. Unread #3 - Jun 8, 2010 at 1:37 AM
  6. Lukef555
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Lukef555 Grand Master
    Banned

Cant give you a big list like xs but ill give you some feedback.

Your definitly improving, this is soooo much better! The lighting could be toned down a little and maybe you should make it less wide, considering theres alot of nothing, the border actually fits well IMO, ive always wondered how to do that kind. This is a really nice sig and goes really well with this render.

7. Unread #4 - Jun 8, 2010 at 4:27 AM
  8. Spraynwipe
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Spraynwipe How soon is now?
    $5 USD Donor Retired Sectional Moderator

Looks nice, although I haven't seen your previous work.

Effects feel too minimal and constricted for the space given by the signature. You could really fill up all that surrounding space with more of those effects, but keep in mind you want it to look neat and not all over the place.

Not a big fan of brushed lighting, and I think you could have taken a better alternative such as burn/dodge tool. Give it a try, it really makes the lighting look more natural while at the same time accentuating those shadows and finer details.

Border.. not a big fan. Opaque borders were in 5 years ago, I think it's about time people realise they usually ruin a good image. You could even do black borders if you really wanted.

Colour wise, the signature needs some better blending. Give it some levels and selective colour to blend in those odd looking reds and purples.

As far as focal placement, it's good. Perhaps a little more to the left would work better, but the size is just right imo.

Keep it up!

9. Unread #5 - Jun 8, 2010 at 2:20 PM
  10. Elacil
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Elacil Newcomer

You guys are awesome at giving feedback thanks so much!

one day I plan on being very good but I still probably got a year or two till then.

and ya text is definetly my downfall and now I see what your talking about the border doesn't look good there or by the render I didn't even notice when I added that.

thanks alot

11. Unread #6 - Jun 9, 2010 at 3:28 PM
  12. moopl
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

moopl Active Member

don't like the text and the border.. better to not add text unless you're good at it. Also looks too sharp

13. Unread #7 - Jun 9, 2010 at 6:52 PM
  14. Granitmaul0
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Granitmaul0 Apprentice
    Banned

Very nice :)

The border could use some work, try doing something about the render crossing it, like move the render up a couple of pixels (same with the text, it should be farther away from the bottom anyway IMO).

Also, I would get rid of the weird little illuminated circle to the left of the render.

Other than that, I really like it! 8/10

< New Sig | Mediocre? >_< >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site