Dispute.

Discussion in 'Dispute Forum Archive' started by Shin, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Dispute.
  1. Unread #1 - Aug 12, 2009 at 3:11 PM
  2. Shin
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Pool Shark (4) Village Drunk <3 n4n0 (29) Battleship Champion

Shin Join the Sythe.org Discord
    Retired Administrator Legendary Mudkips $100 USD Donor

Dispute.

I would like to know the reasoning of my MM'ing Application being denied.

Whether it was voted on because of the proofs and my ability to perform as a Middleman, or simply because the Staff don't like me.
    Valid opinions or reasoning only, please, and I'd rather if Sin posted on this as a final decision. Or Finny.

I know that the Head MM was angry for the Staff's ignorance, so apparently there's something needed to be said.

No, I'm not angry or ranting, but I would just like to know why, or if a re-vote needs to be initiated.

3. Unread #2 - Aug 12, 2009 at 3:17 PM
  4. OldFinn
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

OldFinn Hero
    Banned

Dispute.

No one is guilty of corruption. Your application was voted on in the same way any other's application would be voted on (by Globals and Administrators). Each member who voted supplied a valid reason to vindicate their vote, as far as I'm concerned.

I'll let others post too to consolidate the aforementioned.

5. Unread #3 - Aug 12, 2009 at 3:20 PM
  6. Shin
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:

Dispute.

Then can I be given a reason why I was denied? The reasoning behind why I was voted 'No' in a majority reasoning for a second time, when submitting applications of such high degree? My last 10 MM's may not have been of great value, but they were completed and carried out with professionalism and integrity.

I would not have posted this dispute if Sythe didn't tell me to.

*EDIT*
    Also, 150 Vouches. 2 MM Applications submitted. Last application had 25 Votes for 5 stars by the community. So if a vote had something to do with the community, it would be completely invalid.

7. Unread #4 - Aug 12, 2009 at 3:27 PM
  8. OldFinn
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

OldFinn Hero
    Banned

Dispute.

Each person voted with a different reason in regard to pro or con. It has never been appropriate to disclose the reasoning of staff members that came from the Staff Lounge. Such disclosure generally constitutes leaking.

No one else has previously demanded the justification (and consequently votes) of staff members following the declination of their application. It would be leaking for me to do so without Sythe's permission. If you acquire Sythe's permission, staff members can go ahead and justify their vote.

9. Unread #5 - Aug 12, 2009 at 3:36 PM
  10. Matthew
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Wait, do you not have an Archer rank? (5) Doge (3) Smashing Why is there BACON in the SOAP!? Literally nothing I saw Matthew Live Free or Die (3) Cool Kid (6) Poképedia Homosex (4)

Matthew Probably breaking stuff

Dispute.

Just the fact that you got denied, AFTER WE FOLLOWED THE SAME PROCESS WE DO FOR EVERY APPLICATION, and went WHINING to Sythe makes me want to vote no on any future applications.

I'll tell you why I voted no. First, I'm sick of your backseat modding. You're always PMing staff telling them how to do their jobs and how to handle things. Also, you whine too damn much. Every time someone does ANYTHING you don't like, you promptly run off and complain to someone. These characteristics don't tend to make a very good MM or staff member.

Also, the reasons staff members post in the Staff Lounge are considered privileged information and releasing of said reasons would constitute leaking from the Staff Lounge. Individual staff members, however, can post their reasons themselves if they wish.

11. Unread #6 - Aug 12, 2009 at 3:37 PM
  12. Shin
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:

Dispute.

And if con, then it must be that they doubt me in my abilities to perform as an OMM, when I've completed 36 MM's?
    I have a $200.00 for my new application not posted yet.

Yes, I understand this.

I'm not necessarily demanding it, but asking for a reason why, as Sythe asked me why don't I.

He did infact ask me why I didn't post a dispute about it, so I suppose I'll link him to this thread and see what he has to say.

I'm just unaware of why I would be denied with so much work being done to become an OMM. Doing MM's are a pain to do, especially without being paid for doing anything. I'm constantly helping out this community, and I'm thanked every day for the work and help that I give out of kindness.

Regards.

*EDIT*
    I didn't run whining to Sythe. I asked him how much it would cost me to advertise my MM'ing Services.

I'm a User Educator. I'm permitted to help out others.

I send Staff PM's if there's a thread that I need edited, or if it of importance. I don't tell Staff how to do their jobs.

There's plenty of things that I don't like that others do, but I don't really care, so I stay away from it. Things like the bambino incident, or back when people flamed me in the spam forum constantly is an absolute reason to be angry.

Characteristics that don't exist?

Yes, I understand this.
    So, what I understand from this, is that you're voting no to me based on an opinion or bias that you have against me, for characteristics that don't exist. I'm a helpful person, and that's all I have to give. So thanks for verifying to me that my MM App's have been voted on by bias.

13. Unread #7 - Aug 12, 2009 at 3:41 PM
  14. OldFinn
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

OldFinn Hero
    Banned

Dispute.

Ok, pivotally, a complete application has never guaranteed the status. This is made quite clear in the Official Middleman Application Process, which I believe you adhered to whilst developing your application.

There are numerous aspects to middlemanning. Lots of vouches or completed middleman trades, or whatever you're presenting has never been the only aspect staff look at whilst voting. We look at activity, temperament, etc, in addition.

15. Unread #8 - Aug 12, 2009 at 3:46 PM
  16. Shin
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:

Dispute.

Yes. I've read it plenty of times.

But I'm not sure if that is even looked at at all.

Well, I'm more than active. -_-

If someone wants to start a flame war with me, I'll begin the contradictions, but I'll rarely flame them back unless they get to me. And the thing is, I really don't get angry that easily. And as stated in the original post, I'm not even angry right now, but I would just like some reasoning why it took over a week to get to the vote of 'No'.

17. Unread #9 - Aug 12, 2009 at 4:04 PM
  18. OldFinn
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

OldFinn Hero
    Banned

Dispute.

We'll let Sythe make a decision. You did not gain majority, all of the votes were reasonable and vindicated, and no one else has the audacity to run around acting like a mistreated dog following the declination of their application.

I also voted no. The first time your application was submitted I voted yes, but about 20 minutes later you showed your true colours (including hilariously attacking one of the few that DID vote yes): http://sythe.org/showthread.php?t=606374

I don't understand why you feel so unequivocally entitled to the spot. It is not yours to demand or complain about in a bid to get. By all means run to Sythe, by all means let Sythe judge the situation, but I don't think you deserve the spot whatsoever following the exhibition you made the first time you were denied. Furthermore, I think your general nature and volatile temprement is unsuitable for an Official Middleman who has to deal with stressful situations.

19. Unread #10 - Aug 12, 2009 at 4:16 PM
  20. Shin
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:

Dispute.

Okay then.

One way or another, a majority had to of been reached in order to deny my application.

I'm running around like a mistreated dog? Lol.

Okayyy.

I was wondering when you were going to include that thread, to be honest. I'm aware of it, and following that thread, I quit Sythe that day, and didn't return for 2 months. I have a much different mindset than I had back then.

Also, I knew you had voted yes, even though you said this.
    I feel I've done more than the appropriate amount of work needed to prove my ability to become a Middleman. I'm much different of a person than you think I am, and we have not just conversed for months until a week or two ago.

I didn't run to Sythe complaining or whining. Ugh. I went to him asking him how much it would cost to advertise my MM'ing Services, so I could hopefully charge and get a business running that way. I came to Sythe initially to make money, but I ended up doing more help than making money BY FAR.

Yes, for something I did 4 months ago? I never even considered doing it a second time, because I know how ignorant I was after that application. I don't think the first application should have been accepted anyways. I looked back on it, and I've told numerous people this as well. There was much lacking from it, and I learned a lot after it as well.

Official Middleman have to deal with stressful situations on what basis? In my 36 MM's, I don't ever remembering how to deal with stressful situations. I do it every day, and I don't seem to have a problem with it. Yes, I might have been a little harsh trying to defend the UE against mu-b the other day, but I handled it, did I not?

21. Unread #11 - Aug 12, 2009 at 4:19 PM
  22. Pen
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Pen Legend
    Banned

Dispute.

This is the same reason I voted no. The way you reacted after being denied - I just don't think you are fit for any type of rank. Unless you can control your emotions better, I don't think my vote will change.

23. Unread #12 - Aug 12, 2009 at 4:22 PM
  24. Shin
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:

Dispute.

You vote no for past actions, and not recent ones.

To be honest, I think you just wanted to vote no because of a grudge you have on me involving your WoW Account. Otherwise, I would have that Mudkip Rank, would I not?

I can control my emotions quite well, even though people have been consistently attempting to piss me off lately, and it's nearly worked.

25. Unread #13 - Aug 12, 2009 at 4:24 PM
  26. OldFinn
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

OldFinn Hero
    Banned

Dispute.

THERE IS NO AMOUNT OF WORK THAT GUARANTEES YOU A POSITION.

Hilariously, you don't even realise you're doing it again.

I don't have time to continually respond with the same things in each post until they get through to you, so I'm leaving this thread for now, but any other staff can feel free to vote, though I'd never vote yes to you being promoted to Official Middleman until you deeply refine your nature and stop whining like a spoiled brat.

27. Unread #14 - Aug 12, 2009 at 4:36 PM
  28. Shin
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:

Dispute.

No. It's just if you're popular. I know.

Am I here ranting? Bitching? Complaining?

No. I'm asking for a reason. That's all Sythe told me to ask for, and so I'm doing just that.

You mean, never vote yes again?

I'm sorry.

29. Unread #15 - Aug 12, 2009 at 4:36 PM
  30. Pen
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Pen Legend
    Banned

Dispute.

It doesn't matter if it's in the past, it's still valid. When I make a vote, I look at everything that has happened in the past and present. You simply can't accept being rejected.

31. Unread #16 - Aug 12, 2009 at 4:39 PM
  32. OldFinn
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

OldFinn Hero
    Banned

Dispute.

Taking slices out of my sentences and trying to present them as though I'm saying something absolute is unacceptable. It's essentially trying to falisfy what I've said. Why cut off the pivotal part of the sentence then ask a duly unnecessary question?

Furthermore, it's fine that Sythe asked you to get the reason or whatever, but responding to every single person's response and proclaiming that you do deserve the position is beyond rude, and is, believe it or not, bitching about our decision. Accept it and move on like other people that have been declined. We decide, not you.

33. Unread #17 - Aug 12, 2009 at 4:43 PM
  34. Shin
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:

Dispute.

Who simply accepts being rejected? Does anyone in life ever accept being rejected? I've been rejected in other ways before, in real life, but I simply ignored it, when I shouldn't have.

Sorry for that. :\ I didn't think you'd be coming back to this thread.

I'm posting a response because it's what I feel. Why could this not have been stated in the first place, instead of the continual responses to my own?

I never said I decided...

Also.. from earlier..
    It is not a question of equivocality. I already understand that it takes a good deal of character judgement to allow someone to become an OMM. The thing is, it seems like everyone is 'unequivocally' and unanimously denying me the spot based on terms that happened in the distant past. This is what is known as being -->biased<--.

35. Unread #18 - Aug 12, 2009 at 4:49 PM
  36. OldFinn
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

OldFinn Hero
    Banned

Dispute.

Ah. Thank-you for clarifying that particularly cloudy aspect of semantics, for my English is extremely poor.

What you don't understand, and what I have to keep on repeating to get it through to you, is that THERE IS NO ROOM FOR BIAS AS JUSTIFIED VOTES HAVE TO BE GIVEN.

37. Unread #19 - Aug 12, 2009 at 4:52 PM
  38. Tgump
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Two Factor Authentication User

Tgump Hero
    Retired Global Moderator Zombie

Dispute.

I want to rip my hair out on this, as do numerous other staff. There are multiple factors that staff have to consider when voting on an official MM application, and that includes temperament. Considering the hideous attitude change that occurred after the first denial and this denial, I can determine that this attitude trend will not change for the better and may even be worsened by giving you a rank holding such significance. What happens if someone backs out of a trade and you don't like it? Is this how you'd act? It doesn't look very good for the site when we have members we've specifically chosen to hold a rank of trust running around on the site throwing temper tantrums.

39. Unread #20 - Aug 12, 2009 at 4:57 PM
  40. Sin666
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Two Factor Authentication User Detective Heidy

Sin666 Hero
    Crabby Retired Administrator

Dispute.

This thread is part of why you were denied.

The staff have always reserved the right to deny an application. However, you seem to believe that you're entitled to the rank - even last time, you rejected the decision. When you apply for something, you must implicitly accept the possibility of either outcome.

As for bias, there are 17 people who can vote on the application. For a completely bias vote, 8 of them would have to personally dislike you (at which point, there would seem to be a problem anyway.)

< Okay seriously? | Banned ? >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Adblock breaks this site