banned for scamming ?

Discussion in 'Dispute Forum Archive' started by bambino_911, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
banned for scamming ?
  1. Unread #1 - Jul 6, 2009 at 1:28 PM
  2. bambino_911
    Referrals:

bambino_911 Guest

banned for scamming ?

well my account bambino_91 got banned for scamming which i did not scam

zypur said he is going to sell my accounts runescape accounts for a steam accounts with a cd-key so at first i said yes then i got a better offer so i said i want my account back he didn't want to give me my accounts back so i recovered both of them .. and didn't get the cd-key he gave me a steam account which is free to make...

plus he tried to sell my accounts over cryptx.org why should i been banned here and he said he won't buy the cd-key until he sells the accounts

and he didn't post proof that i scammed on report a scammer section how did i get banned....

proof that i didn't get anything

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/6250/asdasdasdasdasdb.jpg

3. Unread #2 - Jul 6, 2009 at 1:31 PM
  4. Benwise
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Benwise Hero

banned for scamming ?

It appears that Zypur didn't lose anything, and his 'payment' was a free account which anyone could make.

Why was Bambino_91 banned for this? It really looks like nothing is done.

5. Unread #3 - Jul 6, 2009 at 11:52 PM
  6. Zypur
    Referrals:

Zypur Guest

banned for scamming ?

The original agreement was his Runescape accounts for a Steam accounts, with a link to three free games as well as a CD-Key which I bought later that day to Counter Strike. The condition was that we wait 14 days and then I give him the CD key, so he wouldn't recover back.

Actual query logs from IRC will show me linking him to an image that reveals the username and password of the steam account I made him, and him saying directly after: "the accounts are yours."

At this point, the trade had been mostely done, and I started doing what I needed to to sell the Runescape accounts.

Soon after, Bambino_91 tells me he wants his account back because he got a better offer. I tell him that he's have to buy the accounts from me at the resonable price of $50USD.

After denying to pay for the accounts, he reovered them.

As far as I'm concerned, this is scamming because he took back something that he had already traded away.

I did not take back the steam account that I made him, and I'm left with a CD key that cost me about $14.

I can provide IRC and MSN logs of him giving me all teh account information, including the recovery questions, passwords, email information, dates of creation, etc.

7. Unread #4 - Jul 7, 2009 at 12:02 AM
  8. Benwise
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Benwise Hero

banned for scamming ?

I see it more as indian giving, since nothing was lost...

9. Unread #5 - Jul 7, 2009 at 12:28 AM
  10. SuF
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    <3 n4n0 Two Factor Authentication User Community Participant Spam Forum Participant Sythe's 10th Anniversary

SuF Legend
    Pirate Retired Global Moderator

banned for scamming ?

A deal is a deal. He had no right to decide to back out once he had completed his side of the bargain... Still. It seems the intention was not to scam and it seems nothing was really lost...

11. Unread #6 - Jul 7, 2009 at 1:01 AM
  12. Zypur
    Referrals:

Zypur Guest

banned for scamming ?

Well like SuF said, a deal's a deal. When I see on my screen "the accounts are yours" what am I supposed to think?

And yeah, something was lost, I still did buy a CS key which cost me money, as well as taking screen shots of the accounts and preparing sales threads.

Bambino had no unexpected loss, he knew what he was giving up and what he was getting in return. There was no trick. Even his initial post says he "got a better offer" and wanted his account back, but that's not substantial reasoning to take something back.

If he had waited out the 14 days, like initially discussed, he would have his CD-Key and all would be well.

So from this post, please establish: Something WAS lost, I lost about $14 buying the CD-key.

And there WAS something being traded, given he waited the time discussed.

13. Unread #7 - Jul 7, 2009 at 2:34 AM
  14. Sin666
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Two Factor Authentication User Detective Heidy

Sin666 Hero
    Crabby Retired Administrator

banned for scamming ?

The accounts were rightfully Zypur's after the trade was agreed and Bambino handed them over; although I agree that he probably didn't perceive it as scamming when he recovered them, what he did was not acceptable. If Zypur declined to refund, then that should have been the end of it.

The trade was poorly handled, and Bambino, I expect you to do what you can to try and resolve this - whether you still have the accounts and carry out the trade, buy the CD-Key for it's value and refund Zypur the amount, or at the very least, apologize.

That said, since I believe this was a matter of poor judgment and not strictly 'scamming', I do not think a perm ban is appropriate. You will be unbanned; but, I expect this won't happen again.

15. Unread #8 - Jul 7, 2009 at 11:40 AM
  16. Jansen
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    jan.sen.

Jansen Retired Admin :'(
    Retired Global Moderator

banned for scamming ?

He stays banned, IMO, unless this situation is resolved.

Out of our hands for now.

17. Unread #9 - Jul 7, 2009 at 4:41 PM
  18. HeavenLord
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

HeavenLord ujean
    Banned

banned for scamming ?

Well Zypur has lost out. The accounts were rightfully his after the trade but Bambino decided to recover them which is basically scamming. Even though Zypur didn't give him the cd-keys yet, the trade was still made. I think that Bambino should stay banned until he reimburses Zypur.

19. Unread #10 - Jul 7, 2009 at 8:31 PM
  20. Blupig
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Valentine's Singing Competition Winner Member of the Month Winner MushyMuncher Gohan has AIDS Extreme Homosex World War 3 I'm LAAAAAAAME
    Off Topic Participant

Blupig BEEF TOILET
    $5 USD Donor

banned for scamming ?

The trade was awfully conducted. In all trades you must communicate refunding options. Think of this as a lesson for the future; I say unban Bambino as long as he pays back Zypur and realizes his mistake.

21. Unread #11 - Jul 7, 2009 at 9:00 PM
  22. Sin666
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Two Factor Authentication User Detective Heidy

Sin666 Hero
    Crabby Retired Administrator

banned for scamming ?

Unfortunately, there's really nothing to 'pay back' if the accounts are already resold.

Zypur still has the CD key, and no matter what, that key is worth its market value. I'm sure it's a huge inconvenience to Zypur, but the only thing he's really lost is the time invested.

I agree that the trade was horribly handled, but a permanent ban still seems excessive. If necessary, I think a market ban is more appropriate.

< banded for no fuc*KING REASON | Hmm.. read peeps.. >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Adblock breaks this site