[REQ]Opening/Saving Animated .gif Files in Photoshop CS3+

Discussion in 'Archives' started by MatthewGor123, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Unread #1 - Nov 11, 2008 at 12:29 AM
  2. MatthewGor123
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

MatthewGor123 Guru
    Do Not Trade

Hey guys :)
    BTW; I moved it to USG because I feel like it's better served here, as it's not really a -tutorial- about GFX. Meh.

I know this guide might not help a ton of people, but I've had a few people not know how to open up .gif files in PhotoShop CS3, so I'm making this guide on request. After discontinuing ImageReady, Adobe has wanted people to spend more money and switch to their FireWorks line to open and edit animations. However, this is completely not necessary, as you can animate just fine using PhotoShop CS3!

So, here's what you do. As you've probably already noticed, if you try to open the animated gif normally, you'll probably end up with this error message:

[​IMG]

If you don't, and it opens fine, well you can probably just skip the rest of my guide. If you are sick of this error message and want to know how to open the animations, here's a simple, step by step process!

~~OPENING THE .GIF FILES~~

JUST FOLLOW THE CAPTIONED PICTURES!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now that you've opened the animated .gif files, you can resize them, modify the animations, whatever. It really doesn't matter to me. This guide is not for teaching you HOW to animate them, it's for teaching you how to SET UP the animation process.

~~SAVING THE ANIMATED .GIF FILES~~

After modifying your animation, you want to save it - right? But you don't want to lose the animations, and this will happen if you just save it as a .jpg or even as a .gif without using this method. So, here's what you do:

JUST FOLLOW THE CAPTIONED PICTURES!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a fully functional .gif file that you can upload and do whatever the hell you want with :). For your reading pleasure, I've attached a give for you to practice with :D

I hope you enjoyed this guide!!

Attached Files:

3. Unread #2 - Nov 11, 2008 at 12:31 AM
  4. wtp
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

wtp Grand Master
    Banned

Nice guide, well written.

< Recording my music? | new rar3 nam3s shop >

Users viewing this thread