Free homework help here

Discussion in 'Archives' started by MatthewGor123, Oct 25, 2008.

Free homework help here
  1. Unread #1 - Oct 25, 2008 at 10:15 PM
  2. MatthewGor123
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

MatthewGor123 Guru
    Do Not Trade

Free homework help here

Since they've closed down the homework help sticky which I used to love on my old Sythe account, I've decided to offer help to people who have ANY math question at all. Feel free to answer questions if I'm not around to answer them first, because this is all about helping people out :)

BTW, Unb4nn3d is my "official" partner in crime, but if you see a question that's unanswered on this thread and you want to give it a shot, don't hesitate to give a reply! Just don't spam, and answer previously answered questions. This is not for me or Unb4nn3d to get attention; it's to help honest people who are looking for some honest help.

Now that you've gotten to know us a bit better, ask us any questions you want!! ^_^

EDIT: If your question is regarding math, please reference: [GUIDE] The Largest Math Guide in History, written entirely by me and Unb4nn3d :D

3. Unread #2 - Oct 25, 2008 at 10:52 PM
  4. porman
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

porman Apprentice
    Banned

Free homework help here

Lol, I like how you say ANY math question.

5. Unread #3 - Oct 25, 2008 at 11:07 PM
  6. MatthewGor123
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

MatthewGor123 Guru
    Do Not Trade

Free homework help here

Porman, I took 2 college classes last summer, and 2 more the summer before that...I got an 800 on the math SAT's last summer. In middle school, I finished 3rd in my state for the high school math league (IMLEM), and Freshman year, I finished 17th for all high school students in the MML. So seriously, don't judge me by my age. How about you ask me a question first, then judge me? Obviously I don't know everything, nor do I say I do, but I'm just saying I can try my best. If it's a high school math question, I'm very confident I could help.

7. Unread #4 - Oct 25, 2008 at 11:49 PM
  8. The Fat Controller
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

The Fat Controller Guru

Free homework help here

I posted a question up on a homework help thread somewhere, but now I can't find the thread... I'll edit this post when I find it :p

9. Unread #5 - Oct 25, 2008 at 11:52 PM
  10. MatthewGor123
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

MatthewGor123 Guru
    Do Not Trade

Free homework help here

Alright :) I'm gonna be going to sleep soon, but I'll try to answer it ASAP :p

11. Unread #6 - Oct 26, 2008 at 12:27 AM
  12. The Fat Controller
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

The Fat Controller Guru

Free homework help here

The thread seems to have vanished into thin air. This isn't easy stuff, and I'm older than you and doing advanced maths for my age, but here we go:

Solve the differential equation:

dy/dx = y(x+2y)/x(y+2x) where y=vx where v is a function of x.

I did some working and got stuck on this line (pretty sure all is right up to here):

int[((v+2)/(v+2v^2)) - (1/v)] dv = int[1/x] dx

If you can tell me how to integrate that line up there, then I'd be very happy.

13. Unread #7 - Oct 26, 2008 at 2:15 AM
  14. MatthewGor123
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

MatthewGor123 Guru
    Do Not Trade

Free homework help here

Alright, I'm epic fail at integrating differentials well, I do think I have a simmpler equation for your integrating purposes :)

Okay, so from dy/dx = [y(x+2y)]/[x(y+2x)] and y=vx, we can substitute vx for y everywhere on the right side of the equation.

dy/dx = [vx(x+2(vx)]/[x(vx+2x)]
    dy/dx = [vx^2(1+2v)]/[x^2(v+2)] <--- I hope this step makes sense, you factor out an x from both the numerator and denominator because you had [vx(x+2vx)] which is equal to vx(x)(1+2v), and same for the denominator.

Factor out the common factor (x^2) from the numerator and denominator and you are left with what I think is a much easier differential to integrate (then again, I'm not 100% sure yet -- I think I'll ask my father tomorrow...when he wakes up...)

dy/dx = v[(1+2v)]/[(v+2)]

Hope I could help, at least a little. Maybe my daddy will be able to integrate it, but I'm not so confident with my integrating skills; I don't want to give you any WRONG information. What I've done to this point is right, though.

EDIT, here is what my grandfather tried to tell me by phone, so I'm going to see if I can rewrite it here; We need to find dv/dx. So, you have:
    y = xv
    dy/dx = v + x*dv/dx (this step confused me, but I think it's just algebraic integration, I couldn't quite see it)
    Therefore, substituting what we already found for dy/dx;
    v + x*(dv/dx) = v*[(1+2v)/(v+2)]

x*(dv/dx) = v*[(1+2v)/(v+2)] - v.

And then he decided to stop explaining, because he said I probably don't understand it. GAH. Oh well, I tried my best, and got kinda far. Sorta. He said something about it being separable.

15. Unread #8 - Oct 26, 2008 at 4:37 AM
  16. shadowane
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

shadowane Member
    Banned

Free homework help here

dude O.O

i cant get past the equations... my teacher sucks i dont understand a shit

17. Unread #9 - Oct 26, 2008 at 8:24 AM
  18. MatthewGor123
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

MatthewGor123 Guru
    Do Not Trade

Free homework help here

So what do you want from me? :p

19. Unread #10 - Oct 26, 2008 at 9:06 AM
  20. Tyler Durden
    Referrals:

Tyler Durden Guest

Free homework help here

10 divided by 0
    10 ÷ 0
    10 / 0

Go!

21. Unread #11 - Oct 26, 2008 at 9:41 AM
  22. MatthewGor123
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

MatthewGor123 Guru
    Do Not Trade

Free homework help here

Get your post count up somewhere else. Don't be dumb - I'm not here to have a discussion about number theory. In fact, debates on the topic of zero, I can redirect you here: http://sythe.org/showthread.php?t=477601. Sorry.

23. Unread #12 - Oct 26, 2008 at 9:44 AM
  24. Tyler Durden
    Referrals:

Tyler Durden Guest

Free homework help here

I was not being dumb, nor was I being a spammer. I was challenging your mathematical understanding. Anyone who knows anything about math knows that you CANNOT DIVIDE by 0. You were unable to solve the provided equations, and so I feel that you would also be unable to solve any other provided equations.

The debate on whether or not 0 is imaginary is completely different than that of whether or not you can divide by 0, which you can't. Sure, one affects the other, but they are two entirely different mathematical theories.

25. Unread #13 - Oct 26, 2008 at 9:55 AM
  26. MatthewGor123
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

MatthewGor123 Guru
    Do Not Trade

Free homework help here

I'm not fucking retarded, I know that 10/0 is undefined - but so did you, and everyone else with half a brain. So please, don't go here trying to get your post count up or to test my knowledge with SPAM that you already knew the answer for. There are plenty of interesting questions revolved around the concept of 0 in the field or arithmetic, such as the value of 0^0 or why the convention that x^0 = 1, or even 0/10. But I knew that YOU knew that 10/0 is undefined, and weren't actually asking for help. So, you're posting stuff that is NOT on-topic, thereby spamming.

If you don't need fucking help, don't fucking ask for it. Kthnxbai.

27. Unread #14 - Oct 26, 2008 at 2:32 PM
  28. MatthewGor123
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

MatthewGor123 Guru
    Do Not Trade

Free homework help here

Haha nub got banned :O

29. Unread #15 - Oct 26, 2008 at 3:23 PM
  30. XeroXeroX
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

XeroXeroX Apprentice
    Banned

Free homework help here

Anything / by 0 is infinity.

E.g 12/2, 2 go's into 12 6 times so the answer is 6.
    12/0 0 go's into 12 infinity times, so the answer is ~

31. Unread #16 - Oct 26, 2008 at 3:33 PM
  32. MatthewGor123
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

MatthewGor123 Guru
    Do Not Trade

Free homework help here

XeroXeroX, you're wrong - please don't argue here. It's a mathematical convention that the operation 12/0 is undefined. It is, in fact, impossible to define an arithmetic operation that's result is infinity using just the basic 6 operators (division, addition, multiplication, subtraction, exponentiation, radicals). While it is true that 12/x [x<1, x -> 0] approaches infinity, infinity is never reached.

I can give you a formal proof later, if you want.

33. Unread #17 - Oct 26, 2008 at 3:48 PM
  34. Iced Man
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Iced Man Active Member
    Banned

Free homework help here

You should charge an hourly rate for help :p

35. Unread #18 - Oct 26, 2008 at 4:24 PM
  36. MatthewGor123
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

MatthewGor123 Guru
    Do Not Trade

Free homework help here

Nah; I just wanna help people out. On top of this, I'm not exactly like 100% automatic on all subjects of math, I just have a bunch of free time and wanna help out people in my community in exchange for a bit of respect or something.

37. Unread #19 - Oct 26, 2008 at 4:33 PM
  38. The Fat Controller
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

The Fat Controller Guru

Free homework help here

Thanks MatthewGor123, I wish I had a handy grandfather like yours. He's right, to solve the differential equation you need to "separate the variables". I'm still puzzled about how to do the entire question :p But me and my friends will work it out together when my holidays are over. Tell your granddad I say thanks.

Yeah I did this when I was getting to the line I put in my other post. It's differentiation of y=vx, I believe.

39. Unread #20 - Oct 26, 2008 at 5:05 PM
  40. Nullware
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Nullware Guru

Free homework help here

6 X &#8734; = &#8734;

This also holds for other basic operations..

< A lil thanks from me. | Darkgroove Imposter. >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site