Sythe's Black Market is Back!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by R2Pleasent, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unread #1 - Feb 20, 2008 at 2:19 AM
  2. R2Pleasent
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Two Factor Authentication User Verified Challenger Sythe's 10th Anniversary Tier 1 Prizebox Member of the Month Winner

R2Pleasent GGBoost.com - ELO Boosting Service
    Retired Global Moderator $25 USD Donor

This new update today really should bring back a lot of the activity in the Black Market section of Sythe. Trades can once again be done quite easily. Albeit, not as easily as before the update, but still it's a massive change from before. I've already transferred about 500M since the trade update.

So let this be a shout out to everyone who misses the Black Market! Bounty Hunter trading is here in a big way, and hopefully all you people come out of hiding! Let's get the forums active again like before, because this is without a doubt a great day for RWT'ers.

3. Unread #2 - Feb 20, 2008 at 12:15 PM
  4. Optikal
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Optikal Apprentice
    Banned

Hurray! Back at-last, fucking hell. This means MM's are back and shit. Woot.

Nice nice, jus' have to re-gain members again now. :)

xx

5. Unread #3 - Feb 20, 2008 at 12:22 PM
  6. goldcallum
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

goldcallum Apprentice
    Banned

lol, well said!

Bring out the evilness!!!! :D :D wooooot!

7. Unread #4 - Feb 20, 2008 at 12:31 PM
  8. Eric
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Eric Grand Master
    Banned

What exactly are the updates?

9. Unread #5 - Feb 20, 2008 at 12:41 PM
  10. Typhoon
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Typhoon Forum Addict

Code:
       19 February 2008 - Bounty Hunter Combat Changes and Rewards    

When we introduced Bounty Hunter in December 2007, we intended it, alongside Clan Wars, to be the first of a series of enjoyable PvP minigames. Three months on, we have had a chance to look at your Bounty Hunter feedback and comments, and have come up with changes that will really improve it!

For information on future PvP content and minigames, keep your eyes peeled. We have news for you in the coming weeks!

Combat Change:

First on our critical ticklist was the multiway aspect of Bounty Hunter. Occasionally, solo players would walk into Bounty Hunter and be ambushed by huge clans who they didn't stand a chance against.

This was not what we intended to happen, therefore, we have tweaked the rules so multiway combat can only be used in certain circumstances. The aim is that going in with some friends or a clan does, of course, still give an advantage, but not to such a ridiculous extent. As such, a skilled solo player has a fighting chance as well.

So, this week, we have made Bounty Hunter single-way combat, meaning that only one player may attack another player at any time. There are two exceptions to this rule:
    You are able to attack someone who is in combat if they are your Bounty Hunter target
    You can be attacked when in combat if you are the Bounty Hunter target of your opponent

We would like to remind you that Bounty Hunter is a dangerous minigame, and you risk losing your items when entering the caverns.

Cash Rewards:

We have introduced another reason for being a bounty hunter: cash rewards for defeating your bounties.

Mandrith loves to reward bravery, so players who kill 10 or more bounty targets will earn cash rewards based on the market value of their combat items. This cash amount is worked out by taking only the second, third, fourth and fifth most expensive combat items you are carrying and giving you access to an amount of coins based on their value. You will have to defeat at least 10 bounty targets to receive your reward, which you can do by speaking to Mandrith.

There is a limit to the amount you can receive per 10 kills, according to the crater you entered:
    Low-level crater - You may receive a reward up to a limit of 40,000gp for 10 kills
    Medium-level crater - You may receive a reward up to a limit of 80,000gp for 10 kills
    High-level crater - You may receive a reward up to a limit of 120,000gp for 10 kills

A summary of your kills will be given when you exit each crater. You do not have to kill all 10 players in one go - Mandrith will remember how many more kills you need for your next visit.

Bounty Locate Change and Rune Rewards:

Some of you felt that the Bounty Locate spell was only available to members and was slightly too high-level, giving the advantage to more experienced players.

Well, we have made tweaks that should make the Bounty Locate spell more accessible and affordable! Firstly, we have reduced the Magic level required to cast Bounty Locate to 32, and reduced its cost to 1 law rune, 1 air rune and 1 fire rune.

We have made the spell available to F2P, and once you have made 10 Bounty Hunter target kills, you will receive a prize of 15 law runes, 15 air runes and 15 fire runes - the number of runes required to cast 15 Bounty Locate spells!

To get a running total of how many targets you need to kill, or to receive your rune rewards, visit Mandrith outside of the Bounty Hunter volcano. You do not have to kill all 10 players in one go - Mandrith will remember how many more kills you need for your next visit.

SummaryWhere to access Bounty Hunter: 

In mid-level Wilderness, north of Edgeville. 
    Requirements to use these Bounty Hunter changes: 

None! Bounty Hunter and the Bounty Hunter changes are available to both free-players and members
    Access to:

Single-way PvP combat, without being ambushed by clans
    Cash rewards for killing 10 Bounty Hunter targets when you carry expensive items
    Bounty Locate spell available to F2P
    Bounty Locate spell reduced to level 32 Magic
    Rune rewards for killing 10 or more Bounty Hunter targets

In other news...

Mandrith has decided to make some amendments to his tutorial, so you may visit him at any point to read more about the Bounty Hunter changes.

Due to the recent improvements to Bounty Hunter, it will no longer be possible for you to take Summoning scrolls, pouches or summoned familiars into the dangerous minigame. This is because familiars cannot help you fight in single-way combat areas.

Players who return to their own gravestone in time can now pick up their Recipe For Disaster gloves if they died with them.

We've had a few words with Ordan at the Blast Furnace about his maths skills. He was getting a bit confused but he should now quote you the correct price for the amount of ore you wish to uncert.

The bank scrolling issue has been fixed so that it will now jump to the row of your bank that you were looking at when you last opened the bank interface.

Thats taken directly from the RuneScape website.

http://news.runescape.com/newsitem.ws?id=1097

I just means that you can only be attacked by your attacker ? Im not sure. I dont really play RS anymore. Im on sythe.org for the banter :D

11. Unread #6 - Feb 20, 2008 at 12:50 PM
  12. verryberry10
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

verryberry10 Active Member

Hurray! i can finally pk without being piled! And black market is back. This is one of the best days in sythe history.

13. Unread #7 - Feb 20, 2008 at 12:55 PM
  14. New Ownag3
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

New Ownag3 Member
    Banned

Sounds really well ;)

15. Unread #8 - Feb 20, 2008 at 12:57 PM
  16. Billyy
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Billyy Guru of Ganja
    Banned

Awh great. Shits back like it used to be. Black market is making a comeback baby. Can't wait.

17. Unread #9 - Feb 20, 2008 at 1:03 PM
  18. Nullware
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Nullware Guru

It's still really slow in free-to-play though if you can only use Sara/Zamorak plates.. Or is it possible to bring in pumpkins/easters?

19. Unread #10 - Feb 20, 2008 at 1:40 PM
  20. oliver1205
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

oliver1205 Active Member

how would you bring gp in BH? its a non combat item

21. Unread #11 - Feb 20, 2008 at 1:41 PM
  22. I l PK l I
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

I l PK l I Guru

AHH! Fucking great! Can't wait to buy more geepeez from R2 XD Wb Black Market, GF Jagex..

23. Unread #12 - Feb 20, 2008 at 1:42 PM
  24. hadha
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

hadha Forum Addict

Oliver, you bring in combat items that are worth what you are buying. Say you are buying 2m. You bring in two Zammy plates and get killed.

So how is this going to work? Do you go into BH and keep leaving and coming in until the MM is your killer?

Finally...membership for me again...

25. Unread #13 - Feb 20, 2008 at 1:46 PM
  26. riipped
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

riipped Apprentice

Oh, that's awesome. I didn't think of this when I saw the update. But yeah, RWT will be much easier now because it isn't multi combat anymore. Hurray<3

EDIT:
    Well first off, you can't bring more than one Zamorak Plate into BH at once. It won't let you. And how this works is you meet your seller/buyer/MM somewhere within the BH, avoiding getting attacked by anyone first. You then attack your seller/buyer/MM and just wait til whoever has the goods dies, then loot. Much safer now that BH is non multi, but one variable.. Targets can multi. But shouldn't be much of a problem, and definatly a lot better than before this update.

Best way to do this is to buy a single item, worth about what your RWT for, and take nothing else but food, a pray pot and maybe an antipoison pot. Then if you happen to get jumped by someone random, just prot. item pray and start over after you die.
    For example, YOU buy a godsword from ME, I take godsword + food + pots into BH and meet YOU on far north side. YOU kill me, take my godsword and wait for your timer to run out and leave. All good. IF I happen to get owned by someone else, I protect item pray. Start over.

This system is pretty safe, and much better now after this update.

27. Unread #14 - Feb 20, 2008 at 1:53 PM
  28. hadha
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

hadha Forum Addict

Ooh right, forgot about that.

Mmk. I'm going to spend some time in BH and get used to it before I get my membership back. Thanks for the clearing up. =D

29. Unread #15 - Feb 20, 2008 at 1:54 PM
  30. Magic Arrow
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Extreme Homosex Sythe Awards 2013 Winner

Magic Arrow Protector of the homosex, defender of the AIDS
    $5 USD Donor Mudkips Retired Sectional Moderator

Still not as easy as before though....

31. Unread #16 - Feb 20, 2008 at 1:56 PM
  32. The_Flames
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

The_Flames Apprentice

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAWWWWWWW!!!

Not exactly sure why the updates affect rwt atm, havn't read them yet better get reading :D..Hope sythe becomes as active as before, only problem being sufficient staff is not an option atm, especially as many mods have left.

Still YIPPEEEE!

33. Unread #17 - Feb 20, 2008 at 2:04 PM
  34. OldFinn
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

OldFinn Hero
    Banned

Extremely 'encouraging' news.

Praise be to those who helped establish it. :D

35. Unread #18 - Feb 20, 2008 at 2:33 PM
  36. thuglifelt
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

thuglifelt Guru
    Banned

woohoo!!
    its also good for pking :D

37. Unread #19 - Feb 20, 2008 at 3:39 PM
  38. isosceles
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

isosceles Forum Addict
    $5 USD Donor

Excellent. Maybe now I can get rid of all those GPs I used to hoard...

39. Unread #20 - Feb 20, 2008 at 3:47 PM
  40. isellpinsonly
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

isellpinsonly Active Member
    Banned

yes, Cant wait! Now we don't get piled by clans! hahahaha!

< Some new school internet block... | Nexus iBot 18.20 PRO! >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Adblock breaks this site