O_R_L_Y's Dispute

Discussion in 'Dispute Forum Archive' started by Unregistered O_R_L_Y, May 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
O_R_L_Y's Dispute
  1. Unread #1 - May 22, 2011 at 3:27 PM
  2. Unregistered O_R_L_Y
    Referrals:

Unregistered O_R_L_Y Guest

O_R_L_Y's Dispute

O_R_L_Y's Ban Dispute:

Reason Banned: http://sythe.org/showthread.php?t=1130084

Well let's see, i was banned for sniping the display name 6. There are multiple flaws in his story, if you do some digging through "Dontmoveorillbiteitoff"s profile, which can be found here: http://sythe.org/member.php?u=286817. I got Him banned for Ban Evading aswell. You can CLEARLY see he never sold it through sythe, there was no vouch for it, there was no thread for it. He simply posted around saying i have a 1 letter. There is absolutely ZERO evidence that this name was sold.

Nearing 6's transfer date, he decided to transfer it to his pure account. Granted there is no proof of this, there IS proof all up and down Dontmove's posts that he NEVER sold that name. He CHOSE to make the name available for somebody elses taking. This was not a scam by any means, this was merely a sniping of a display name. THAT HE CHOSE TO RELEASE, THIS WAS NOT SOLD, PERIOD.

On another note, i had the idea that sniping Runescape screen names wasn't against the rules, seeing as how RunescapeTm was once banned for having the name "9" and his ban was lifted because it wasn't the login, he merely sniped the name

[​IMG]

Refer to this picture as to why i was led to believe this isn't against the rules. So by an off chance that i remain permanently banned, he should as well. because quote from Aroxez "He did the exact same thing". Not to be extremely specific, but nowhere did i read sniping runescape usernames was against the rules. transferring a username is a gamble, he took the risk, he was not forced, because it was not a sale. No matter how much Aroxez says it was, there is no proof of 6 being sold on sythe through Dontmoveorillbiteitoff. NONE. and everybody who is somebody in the rare name community knows, he was transferring the display name to HIS OWN account, feel free to ask around. I do not consider this a scam, because in short, It was not a trade. he simply lost his name due to his own mistake. and if it helps the situation, if i didn't get it, somebody else would have.

Aroxez report was merely a vengeance attempt after RunescapeTm was caught scamming, pathetically enough it worked. Aroxez flat out lied, there was no sale going on here. If a mod could view my Dispute with reason, I have well over 100 vouches on sythe, i run a successful Rare name distributing business. I was considering expanding my sythe career even further into the Middlemanning services. But that seems to have come to an end. Because of a little bump in the road that i wasn't aware existed at all.

With this being said, i end my dispute, and whatever happens, happens i suppose.

3. Unread #2 - May 22, 2011 at 4:46 PM
  4. Corey
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    UWotM8? <3 n4n0 Oktoberfest 2013 Village Drunk Shitting Rainbow Potamus Sythe Awards 2012 Winner Wait, do you not have an Archer rank? MushyMuncher

Corey Grand Master
    Crabby Retired Global Moderator

O_R_L_Y's Dispute

Theres a difference, when he sniped it, he wasn't sniping it during a sale (at least not knowingly), when you sniped 6, you were sniping it during a sale that you knew was going on.

EDIT: Also, if I remember correctly, RunescapeTM knew that you were trying to snipe it during the sale, and you were asked to stop. Please note this is just what I THINK I remember, I am not sure if it is fact or not.

5. Unread #3 - May 22, 2011 at 5:15 PM
  6. Corey
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    UWotM8? <3 n4n0 Oktoberfest 2013 Village Drunk Shitting Rainbow Potamus Sythe Awards 2012 Winner Wait, do you not have an Archer rank? MushyMuncher

Corey Grand Master

O_R_L_Y's Dispute

On that note, http://sythe.org/showthread.php?t=1129110

You say you didnt know it was against the rules, yet you report RunescapeTM for doing the same thing, sniping a name.

You sniped a name, knowing that the person was just transferring a name HE owned to HIS account, therefore, you stole it.

7. Unread #4 - May 22, 2011 at 9:16 PM
  8. KerokeroCola
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

KerokeroCola Hero
    Retired Global Moderator KerokeroCola Donor

O_R_L_Y's Dispute

ORLY, it seems you want to respond. You are free to post a new thread as unregistered. Reference this post and it will be merged into this topic.

9. Unread #5 - May 22, 2011 at 10:17 PM
  10. Unregistered O_R_L_Y 2
    Referrals:

Unregistered O_R_L_Y 2 Guest

O_R_L_Y's Dispute

Alright, i just want to make this perfectly clear. I seriously 100% honest to god DID NOT KNOW sniping was against the rules. I'd like to remind you that i got the idea that sniping was ok off of the MODERATOR on sythe. I can not stress this enough. Cskiffing said it is the exact same thing that RunescapeTm did, when it isn't even close.

What RunescapeTm did, is sell the name, and stole it back, THIS to my knowledge was considered scamming. Believing so i filed the report. i did not report him for the act of sniping the name, don't get it twisted in his situation sniping isn't the word. I reported him because of the element of the trade. He sold the name, and stole it back later on. It has nothing to do with sniping, and it has nothing to do with me.

What I did, is take the name. there was no sale, there was no trade. I simply took a display name, when it became available, it was nothing more than that really. I've sold 160 names through my time on sythe, they were all gotten by SNIPING. what i want to know, is why NOW, why THIS NAME. why didn't the others get me banned? I'm extremely curious, because if it's a crime, i commited it 160 times, and didn't get banned for it. i must be really slick haha.

I know, saying i didn't know it was against the rules is generic. But i seriously did not know. believe it or not. There is AN ENTIRE section on sythe, that is devoted to sniping names and selling them. If it was against the rules, why would this be allowed. I'm not the only rare name seller, ask any of them how they got their list of names. It's called sniping. You can't have it both ways, it's either against the rules or isn't. Having a section dedicated to selling rare names that were either sniped or recovered is hypocritical. I'm the ONLY ONE getting banned for the ACTUAL ACT OF SNIPING, if sniping is honestly against the rules, you might as well ban everybody in that section of the forums. We're all guilty for the act of SNIPING. Anybody who has a decent rare name that's worth something S N I P E D IT. I'm sorry to say but RunescapeTm flat out scammed.

What i'm being accused of, is sniping the name in the middle of a trade. But that is not the case, it was in the middle of a transfer. Thats where all of the names on sythe come from. I really should not have to prove my innocence, he should have to prove my guilt. PROVE that i sniped it in the middle of his trade. All he did was prove that i sniped it, he claimed it was a scam because it was in the middle of a trade. That's a lie and I really would like some proof of this. If he can PROVE that i stole it from him IN THE MIDDLE of his buddies trade, i'll gladly walk away, you won't hear another fucking word from me.

11. Unread #6 - May 23, 2011 at 2:32 PM
  12. Corey
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Corey Grand Master

O_R_L_Y's Dispute

RunescapeTM - Banned for sniping a name he knew was SOLD, an no longer in his possession. He did not own the name, and he knew for a fact that the name was available because it was being transferred, not because someone didn't want it anymore.

You were banned because you also knew that the name was only being transferred, the owner did not sell the name, or want to give up rights to it, he was merely transferring it. You took advantage of that by STEALING the name from him when you KNEW it was up for grabs because he was TRANSFERRING it to another one of HIS accounts.

What you did is basically the same thing, you stole a name from someone who was only transferring it to another one of their accounts.

If a name is sniped and the "sniper" has no knowledge of why it is available, we must assume that it is available because the previous owner no longer wanted it, which is why it is not against the rules.

13. Unread #7 - May 23, 2011 at 7:10 PM
  14. Unregistered O_R_L_Y 2
    Referrals:

Unregistered O_R_L_Y 2 Guest

O_R_L_Y's Dispute

Why do i feel like only part of my posts are being read? I've stated before that RunescapeTm SOLD HIS OWN NAME AND SNIPED HIS OWN NAME BACK. With that intention he never lost ownership, he planned on getting it back the moment he sold it.

I, took a display name that became available. i really don't understand how this is the same thing as Runescapetms situation in the slightest? because the word snipe applies in both scenarios? It's not the same.

"If a name is sniped and the "sniper" has no knowledge of why it is available, we must assume that it is available because the previous owner no longer wanted it, which is why it is not against the rules."

^^That statement contradicts itself entirely. The definition of a "Sniper" is somebody who watches rare names KNOWING when they're going to transfer\ be released and IS READY for when this happens. There is no such thing as sniping a name by accident. It's either against the rules or isn't, you can't accidentally snipe a name. you're either prepared or you're not. and if you're not, you don't get the name. THAT SIMPLE. and factual. sorry dude, that won't work. snipers don't get names by accident. Again, how do you think he got it? That statement of yours just proves my point, that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Cskiffing compared this to a drop party, except he tightened the situation. What this guy did, if you want to put this in the aspect of a drop party. Is dropped a "blue phat" in the middle of the GE and expected nobody to take it. EVERYBODY knew in the rare name community that the same "blue phat" was going to be dropped in that spot in the Ge. I, was just the one who picked it up, what you are telling me is that i should remain banned, because i'm the one who got the "blue phat" When HE CHOSE to drop it. HE CHOSE to put that name at risk. It's not like he was unaware that something like this would happen, and besides, how the hell do you think he got the name? he didn't create it, I'll tell you that.

I read the rules recently again, and there is no rule that i can draw parallel to sniping a runescape username. Cskiffing mentioned this rule here as his "Sniping is against the rules argument"

"Staff reserve the right to ban or infract for any unconscionable act. The above rules and associated punishments only apply when the staff can reasonably judge that a user does not deserve some other, perhaps more severe form of punishment for any unconscionable act they might make on the forums."

I really do not consider sniping a username unconscionable, The definition of this is: being not restrained by conscience. the word unconscionable really does not apply in this situation at all. That word applies for a murder, or the raping of a 5 year old girl. Sniping a runescape username is not unconscionable. With this being said, i see no rule in which this situation applies.

Also I'll bring this up again. Why was i banned for this name if sniping is against the rules, why not the other 150+ names I've sold. If this was a solid set in stone rule, SOMEBODY would have noticed yes? somebody would have reported me for selling sniped names A lot sooner. Aroxez's report is a BS report that has no substantiation, The only thing even in his report was "it's the same situation as RunescapeTM" And that alone was enough to get me banned. The rest of his report was pictures of an argument because his friend was angry that i sniped HIS friends name.

Every name has somebody's friend attached to it. To differ from the original topic for a second, i still have seen ZERO evidence that it was in the middle of Dontmove's trade. What i want to know is WHY he would claim it was in the middle of a trade if it wasn't? he has no evidence supporting that, he said it to help his own situation. HE NEEDS TO SUPPLY THAT EVIDENCE. After i see the evidence that it was in fact in the middle of a trade, THEN, we can say it's unconscionable, as two parties were at an actual loss. He's claiming it was in the middle of a trade when that's not true AT ALL, why is this acceptable?

My Sythe Reputation is at stake, Up to this point my reputation is impeccable. This Acquisition took place over a MONTH ago which is why i want to know, why now? why this name? In my opinion. This is being used as a retaliation, and it doesn't have legs to stand on, it has no merit. And also the person i was discussing with has the reputation of a thief, mine does not. I have well over 100 satisfied customers, no complaints as of yet with an exception of this one right here.

ALL i want is:

A. Somebody to provide some proof that this was in the middle of a trade.

B. Prove to me that this isn't just an act of hate and i won't be the only one going down for "Sniping"

C. Prove to me that Sniping is against the rules, show me something.

15. Unread #8 - May 24, 2011 at 5:02 PM
  16. Corey
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Corey Grand Master

O_R_L_Y's Dispute

I read your whole post (the last one), however I did not read all of this one because it looks repetitive.

1. When RunescapeTM sold the name, ownership changed from him to the guy he sold it to. When he sniped it, he knew the guy he was selling to was TRANSFERRING to another one of HIS OWN accounts, and therefore, stole the name.

2. A sale doesn't need to take place, based on what I said above. The name you sniped was not intended to change ownership, and since you knew that the guy was only transferring the name to another one of his accounts, you stole the name.

3. Sniping in general isn't against the rules, as its just taking a display name when it becomes available. However, if you take a display name KNOWING that the person who owns it is only transferring the name to one of their accounts, or it is being transferred during a sale, then it is stealing and against the rules.

4. This is NOT an act of hate, you did something that you should have known was wrong, and we as the staff reserve the right to ban you if we feel you did something wrong. In this case, we feel you deserve a permanent ban.

17. Unread #9 - May 24, 2011 at 6:15 PM
  18. KerokeroCola
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

KerokeroCola Hero
    Retired Global Moderator KerokeroCola Donor

O_R_L_Y's Dispute

Denied.

< Banned | Banned >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest
Thread Status: