Well, neither of you are in the right. Music is subjective, and people like different bands/singers. Even if I think The Beatles are 1,000,000x better than One Direction, I respect other individual's taste. But, I will help with your argument.
Start off with hers:
1. One Direction was formed in 2010, even if a lot of people know it, that doesn't make it the most "famous band ever."
2. Impressive, but that doesn't necessarily mean that The Beatles can't do that if they were still here. It's 18,200 seats anyway.
3. Not at all, The Beatles have sold 1 BILLION records, One Direction have sold 1+ million.
4. What does that have to do with anything?
Now, with additional arguments for The Beatles:
1. During the week of April 4, 1964, The Beatles occupied the top five positions on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart.
2. They have the most no. 1 albums in the British album charts.
3. They boast 20 No. 1 hits in the United States.
4. According to the United World Chart, the Beatles have 16 of the 100 most successful tracks of all time.
5. The Beatles recorded four of the Top 10 Greatest Albums of All Time, according to Rolling Stones magazine.
6. Won 3 Brit Awards, and had 3 nominations. Won 14 grammys, and had 31 nominations. One Direction have no nominations, and no wins from those two award shows.
7. They accomplished all this in seven years.
Who would even be so stupid as to compare the two. The Beatles are one of the most influential bands in all of music, One Direction is a one off band that people will forget about in a year. You should get some better friends, unless she is hot... Then I guess it is okay.
Hey. Me and my girl friend (not girlfriend, just a friend that are girl) are talking very much about One Direction. Why? She thinks they are great. I say to her that they are not, then she says that they are more famous then The Beatles and then we continue for hours.
This is some arguments she told me:
- They are the most famous band ever (wtf?).
- They sold out MSG (Madison Square Garden, maybe the most famous arena) in on minute.
- They have sold more albums than any boy band before.
- They are alredy making their second album.
I am like wtf are you saying? You are comparing a silly boy band with a legendary band, The Beatles.
This is some arguments that I say:
- When The Beatles was active, autotune didn't exist.
- The Beatles wrote most of their songs by themself.
- While One Direction became very famous very fast thanks to X-factor, The Beatles started form 0.
So, do you have any great arguments I can say to her? I do respect that she is listening to them, but this is nice to argue about.
I have no idea who one direction is. The Beatles completely revolutionized music. The Beatles were more then a band, they were a movement. The Beatles were the original "boyband", but evolved into full fledged musicians. One direction was started by a bunch of marketing/PR people. The Beatles were formed through musical curiosity.
One direction isn't the most famous band ever. Loads of trendy/shitty bands sell out madison square garden. The Beatles sold out carnegie hall. Auto tune doesn't matter. They are a fad. There are tons of fads. I don't even think one direction is the most famous boy band. What about Backstreet Boys/N Sync/Jonas Brothers? All of those bands were fucking huge, but died away within a decade. The Beatles are everlasting. Just tell her to listen to the Beatles. Preferably magical mystery tour/Sgt. Pepper's. If she can't appreciate the mastery and beauty of the aforementioned records, you should probably stop talking to her.
To all the contrarians posting that OP's girlfriend has a legitimate opinion, go fuck yourselves.
To be fair I know OD- Thats what makes you beautiful off by heart, but other than that there songs are shit lol also I dont like the beatles, Train - Driveby and Fun - We are young are the best new songs :P
The two shouldn't be compared. The Beatles have been spoken about for ages for their music. Throughout the years, boy bands emerge but within a few years disappear just like the mentioned boy bands. You cannot definitely say that they have no talent though and that their music is 'shit'. People have different tastes in music and its because of their talent, that they're liked and have made it to where they are.