Sythe     Register     FAQ     Members List     Calendar     Mark Forums Read    

Sythe  

Range Tank thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 08:55 PM
Forum Addict

Default Range Tank thread

I am currently making a range tank and was wondering what stats should I aim. Obviously 99's in the future, but short term. I already have 99 magic so ranged will be the second skill that will be 99 ASAP.

DFS is a bit too expencive right now still. I was thinking of using snakeskin boots, black dhide body and pants, karils helmet and rune crossbow +d bolts/something else.

Should I get 70/75 def at first?
What items should I use mostly while PKing?
Should I get veng asap?
What bolts do the tanks use for PK(both main and swap)?
Any more information?
Old 02-22-2012, 12:08 AM
Grand Master
Quatakai Donor Legendary Retired Sectional Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Quatakai

Default Re: Range Tank thread

Should I get 70/75 def at first? I'd stick with 70 until you can afford a dfs, although I would recommend the eagle eye kiteshield as it has 4+ range attack to the dfs's -5 and it has 14% magic absorption + decent defence stats.
What items should I use mostly while PKing? If you want to profit while pking I'd stick with archer helm, dhide, ect..
Should I get veng asap? Yes, it's essential for pking.
What bolts do the tanks use for PK(both main and swap)? Dragon bolt (e), broad tipped bolts for anything else.
Any more information?
I'd highly advise getting dungeoneering, rigour + chaotic crossbow. They're essential for a successful range tank. Also, like I have already said, an eagle eye kiteshield is a great shield for a range tank that can't afford a divine or elysian spirit shield.
Copy this message to clipboard Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:14 AM
Hero

Referrals: 2
Send a message via ICQ to Jeff. Send a message via AIM to Jeff. Send a message via MSN to Jeff. Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff. Send a message via Skype™ to Jeff.

MushyMuncher

Should I get 70/75 def at first?
Try playing around with 70 at first, then if you feel you're not 'tanky' enough then go for 75.

What items should I use mostly while PKing?
Close to exactly what you've already mentioned in your post; "I was thinking of using snakeskin boots, black dhide body and pants, karils helmet and rune crossbow +d bolts/something else."

However if you have the money, I'd use a Verac's Helm instead of the Karils and either a Rune Kite or Dragon Sq for the shield.

Should I get veng asap?
Vengeance definitely does help but I'd suggest training and leveling up to at least the basic levels for your stats such as Defence and Range before questing too hard.

What bolts do the tanks use for PK(both main and swap)?
Dragon Bolt (e)

Any more information?
I'd reference your account as simply a Tank as you do have 99 Magic.

Good luck and have fun.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:39 AM
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quatakai View Post
Should I get 70/75 def at first? I'd stick with 70 until you can afford a dfs, although I would recommend the eagle eye kiteshield as it has 4+ range attack to the dfs's -5 and it has 14% magic absorption + decent defence stats.
What items should I use mostly while PKing? If you want to profit while pking I'd stick with archer helm, dhide, ect..
Should I get veng asap? Yes, it's essential for pking.
What bolts do the tanks use for PK(both main and swap)? Dragon bolt (e), broad tipped bolts for anything else.
Any more information?
I'd highly advise getting dungeoneering, rigour + chaotic crossbow. They're essential for a successful range tank. Also, like I have already said, an eagle eye kiteshield is a great shield for a range tank that can't afford a divine or elysian spirit shield.
Yeah, Rigour is on my list of TODO things along with bonecrusher. As for the other dungeoneering stuff, they are really pain to loose and will require tons of work to get new ones so Im not really sure what to do. I used to have a F2P G2H pure and finally gave up because of the tokens.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:03 AM

Love that . I want a range tank ,

wow gold