Guide to making a F2P Strength Pure
Okay, I have came across this forum multiple times and decided to post a few guides etc.
This guide will lead to a very stable and effective F2P Strength pure, that can be very successful in PVP.
Okay so to start with, create your account and complete tutorial island, you can get 3 Attack and Strength while your there if you wish - but I think it's a waste of time.
Once you have been teleported to the homeland, go strait to the Grand Exchange, sell all your un-wanted items, such as runes, bronze items etc. You should have nearly 1k. Buy a few shrimp and head to the Stronghold of Security.
Complete all of the level's and then you shall have about 10k and Fighter/Colourful boots. Then head to the Stronghold of Safety which is just North of the Stronghold of Security, get the reward from the chest and you should have Safety Gaunlets and 10k, giving you a total of about 20k.
Now head back to the Grand Exchange and buy the folowing items:
• Iron Full Helmet/Wizard Hat.
• Iron Platebody/Chainbody - Platebody is better bonus's but it does not change a lot being that you are 1 Defence anyway.
• Iron Platelegs/Plateskirt
• Iron Scimitar - Probably the best weapon to train with as it is fast hitting and the hits are not too bad.
• Steel Scimitar
• Mithril Scimitar
• Iron Kitesheild - Adds a little extra bonus, but is optional.
• Any teamcape.
• Amultate of Strength. Gives a Strength bonus, I would say it's essential.
• Green D'hide Vambraces
• Green D'hide Chaps
• Leather Top
• Leather Chaps
• Leather Vambraces
• About 100 Bronze Arrows
Okay, so now for training:
[1 - 15 Strength]
Go to the Chicken coop, either at the Watermill or Farmer Fred's House. Kill them until your level 15 Strength, picking up all their feathers.
[1 - 5 Attack]
Also train this at Chickens, you may want to do this first so that you will hit more often and you can use your steel scimitar. Also, pick up all of the feathers that they drop.
[15 - 20 Strength]
You could stay at Chickens for a while longer, but you may wish to change to Cows. They drop cowhides, which fetch a little higher price.
[5 Attack - 20 Attack]
I would say to probably do this at Cows, as they do give a lot more exp at this level that Chickens, and the drops are worth more.
[20 - 40 Strength]
You could either do this at Cows, but at this stage, I would advise you train at Monks at the Monestary in Edgville, this place is important for basically any pure. They have 15 hp each, they can heal you when you need healing. The only downside to Monks, is that sometimes they can get a bit crowded with other pures, so you may have to world-hop a few times.
[20 - 30 Attack]
Train at Monks at this stage.
[40 - 50 Strength]
Train this also at Monks, it may take a while but it will pay off.
[30 - 40 Attack]
Okay, this once again should be trained at Monks. But feel proud, this is your last stage of attack, once you have done this you can wield all Rune weapons. Using a Rune Scimitar whilst training can drastical speed up your training.
[50 - 60+ Strength]
You have 3 choices now:
• Hill Giants - You can train at Hill Giants, they are located in Edgville Dungeon. You can access them by buying a brass key and using it on the little shack just South-West of the Grand Exchange. You will need to take some food, as they frequently hit you because you have 1 Defence. But you can sell the Big Bones and Limpwurt Roots that they drop, and it all pays off.
• Flesh Crawlers - These creatures are located in the Second floor of the Stronghold of Security. They frequently drop Body Runes and Ores, they can only hit 1's but it can be quite frequent so some food is advised. I would say that these are not really as good for drops as Hill Giants, but Fleshies are better for Training.
• Monks/Minotuars/Barbarians - These creatures are getting a little old, but they can still be used to train on. Monks will always be good, but their Hitpoints are simply not enough to train your Strength level effectivly. Minotaurs are very good, because they drop Iron Arrows, and also some Ores including; Tin, Copper and Rune Essence. Their Hitpoints also, are simply not enough to train on effectivly. Barbarians are an option, but I would not advise them, because they do not really drop anything special and also are not all that great for training on.
Ranged is very usefull for a pure now, the D'hide chaps provide excellent Magic Defence bonus's. Also, training Ranged is a great way of Getting your Hitpoints level up, and also simply stops you from getting too bored of melee. You can train Ranged anytime during the process of training your pure, it's up to you.
[1 - 10]
Chickens, they are a good way to train any combat skill at the base levels.
[10 - 20]
Minotaurs, these are a good source for training at any Ranged level, as they drop Iron Arrows, so you often end up coming back with more arrows than you took. It also has a safe spot so you can stay there for basically as long as you want.
[20 - 30]
Probably also train at Minotaurs for this too. You could train at Monks, but they are not that good for training Ranged. Minotaurs are very fast exp at this level.
[30 - 40]
Go to the pub in Barbarian Village. Use the tables and stools as safespots. Keep on killing them until your level 40 Ranged.
You can either stay at Barbarians, which are still very effective at this level. Or you can switch to Hill Giants, use the stalagmites at the very bottom of the cave as safespots. Pickup and sell their bones and just keep training. If you wish, you can also get very high Ranged, and try to Pk Ranged/2h.
(Attack with Ranged until they are low hp, then KO them with your Rune 2h)
If there is anything I have missed out, which I probably have, please tell me and I will add it. Hope this helps a lot of players that were wondering on how to build an effective pure.
This guide is aimed at players that have yet to make a pure. (Beginers)