If you do not follow these guidelines, your report will probably be locked or ignored.
1. Use an INSTANT MESSENGER for the trade
- It is a lot more difficult to prove a scam through private messages. It is strongly recommended that you use MSN or AIM to trade.
2. You must take screenshots of the ACTIVE MSN window.
- Do not copy & paste the convo.
- Do not take screenshots of the chat log/history.
3. What your report should include:
Obviously, all trades are different. This is just a general guideline.
- The Sythe name of the user you were trading.
- A link to a post or screenshot of a PM on Sythe that proves the MSN you were speaking to belongs to said Sythe user.
- A screenshot of the trade agreement, and trade order.
- A screenshot to prove that you sent payment.
- Screenshots of what they did when they were supposed to send payment up until the point where they stopped responding or logged out.
4. Show the MSN address. (Meebo Warning!)
- Some chat clients, like Meebo, do not show the MSN address in the actual convo window. Make sure you take a screenshot that shows the MSN details of the other trader during
- Make sure your screenshots are large enough to read. Avoid resizing them at all costs!
5. Do not over-edit.
- Do not crop out the MSN address or scrollbar.
- Do not try to paste the conversation windows into one big screenshot; ideally, you should have at least two normal-sized screenshots of the conversation.
- Only censor out information if you absolutely must. Keep an uncensored version of all screenshots saved in case a mod requests them.
6. If you MUST post a video.
- Avoid videos where possible; please
just post the appropriate frames of the video.
- If you must post a video, keep it as short as possible.
- Make sure the program does not block out the MSN address ('unregistered hyper-cam' often does)
- The MSN address and conversation must be clearly legible. If the quality of the video is blurry, it will not be accepted.
7. Mods will not download files!
- Because they can take a long time to download and may further contain malicious files, moderators will not download any files or attachments. If you want to post pictures on your thread, use a host like www.imageshack.us
, or www.tinypic.com
8. Image Code > Direct Links
- Your report is more likely to be answered quickly if you post the screenshots, not the links. That way, we don't have to open up 20 different tabs and figure out what order they go in.
Or "Hotlink for forums (1)" on ImageShack.