What a Rare Name Really Is
What can be classified as Rare?
[Written by Rims, revamped by Harped, reedited again by Hey Guys]
– When I say words I mean root words/commonly used words. Majority of the rare names you will see are words that have an actual meaning. Also don’t be gay and look in the dictionary and find some phobia disease and say that the name is rare, because if it was it would have been taken already.
Examples: Black, Smoke, Steal, Remote, etc.
2. Two(2) Character Names
– These are rare because you can’t make them anymore and there was very few to go around. The rarity of each 2 letter is varied by how common it is. For example ‘Hi’ would be considered an extremely rare name because basically everyone uses the word Hi. So if you got a word, abbreviation or a double letter then you’re a lucky bastard :P
Examples: Lo, Pe, Tn, 8x, etc.
– Can’t get rarer than this (unless you own Runescape or God as a name :P). There is only 36 of these bad boys and they were all made before Aug. 2002. Not much to say about this. If you have one then you are simply godly, good luck with all your spam.
Examples: A, B, C, 1, 2, 3, etc.
4. Display names that fit categories 1, 2 and 3
- Display names are now the NEW and most IMPORTANT names. They are the names that people will see you with ingame.
You could have the login name "God", but if someone takes the display name "God", guess what your named when you log in?, a beautiful set of numbers called [#233788718]. So no one gives a flying duck what your login names called.
Picture example of one :
The little blue and green figures are temporary and will be removed in a months time.
Even Jagex has emphasized this, by forcing users to use their emails to replace log-in names for new players. Simply put, Log-in names are OVER. Noone cares about those. Only display names count and whether or not you got them through account creation or your just lucky enough to snipe it. It is rare in both cases.
Note: A rare name with BOTH the login and Display name may be worth more.
What's not Rare?
1. Three(3) Character Names
– It’s going to be a very long time before these get rare. Ex of a 3 letter: H6L or Q9a. Don’t be fooled when someone says selling Rare Names and it’s a page of 3 letters. There are thousands of combinations for 3 letters. Only exceptions of a rare 3 letter are: words, abbreviations, and ones with a space between them ex: “X D” or triple pairs ex: “555”
2. Multiple Characters
– Examples are: “iiiiiil tank iil” or “i1l1 Pure i1l1“ These names are pitiful and are just hard to look up or say.
3. Made Up Words
– Example: “Pwnzilla” “Killzor” Can’t really blame you for making them because it’s hard getting a decent name on Runescape anymore. Just don’t go around saying they’re Rare.
4. Dictionary Words
- Example: ”agoraphobia” “narcolepsy” Again, can’t blame you for making them, but it doesn’t mean you have a rare name just because it’s a word. I mean seriously majority of us who play are 11-18. What kind of nerd is going to know what phobia you have. I’d rather see I 0wn3d you 1L then one of these account names.
5. Past(ed), Present Tense (ing) and Plural Forms(s)
– Examples: “Bewildered” “Checking” “Advisements” They are pretty tough to make but there is so many accounts like this around. I beg you guys don’t consider these types of accounts rare unless it’s a name like “owned”
6. Accounts With More Than One Word
– Examples: “Gmaul Owns” “Fast Ddsing” “Own3d 0nce3” These kinds of names aren’t rare. They don’t even look rare so don't bother to say it is.
7. Any Account With Numbers In Them
- Examples: “Coolkid224” “Owner353” Not rare at all. It has extra characters in it that aren't necessary or replacing vowels. It's only rare is if the name is repeated with the same number ie: 1111
– Examples: "Y---O---U, R----A--G--E, L------L"
With the new Display name change that Jagex has implemented. these names are once again available. Considering this, why should they be classified as "rare" when there could be hundreds of thousands of these "space names. So you could put as many spaces as you want, and the name would be available.
Note that Jagex looks down upon this and WILL change your name for you if you do get caught. You can still make them however.