** All credits go to Dream Big
, who is the original creator of this guide (found > here
<), I've merely added pictures and updated a couple of things.
Although this might be possible with only a registered email, it is much more likely to work if you are the original owner of the account and know the previous passwords, location & date of creation, previous recovery questions, etc.
(It's possible for it to work if you aren't the original owner, but it's probable that it will be more difficult).
1. At the bottom of the RS home page, click Profile and Settings
2. Then click "Forgot password"
3. Enter your username, or email login and hit enter
4. Type in the email that is registered to your account, and click next.
5. You will then receive an email asking you to follow the link.
- Follow it, and if you get a message that says 'Success. Please set a new password", simply close that page.
- If it asks you to enter more details (recoveries, previous passwords, location, ISP, etc), you'll have to enter as much info as you know in order for it to be successful.
If you are denied more than twice, try again in a few hours so you are not blocked from using the service. Try and remember as much of the info as you can.
Either way, when you come to the page that asks you to submit a new password, just close it. Once you do that, your account will be locked, then all you need to do is repeat this process step-by-step, only this time you will be submitting a Locked Account appeal. If your appeal is successful, your recovery questions will be gone!
(PM me if you have any questions)