I'm sure you all have noticed a stray thread on your favorite shirt, sweater or even jacket. Today I will teach you all how you can fix this problem without pulling the string out and damaging your clothing!
Many times when I put on a favorite shirt, pair of basketball shorts, or other article of clothing, I notice that there are threads starting to "unravel" from the seams.
What NOT to do.
What you SHOULD do.
- Pull on the thread. This causes more thread to unravel, eventually destroying the seam.
- Cut the thread. This is a "quick fix" but in turn results in the same problem eventually.
- Get a lighter, or anything that produces a controllable flame, like this lighter in the picture.
- Find the area that has the problem. An example of something to look for is below.
- Take the lighter, and quickly wave the flames across the thread, or threads. This will quickly melt the thread back into place, almost forming a seal and making it appear like there was never a problem. **Make sure it is quick so you do not burn the article of clothing.**
After this is done, the problem should be solved. This method works on shoes, bags and almost anything you can find!
If you have any questions don't hesitate to post them in this thread, and I will get back to you as soon as possible!