How To: Post YouTube Videos on Sythe Exclusively from RussianVillain
What Does it Mean?
You know you want to embed clips and songs onto your posts, especially in the "music" section. Well, some of you have problems with it. You copy the embed code from YouTube, and paste it, yet it doesn't work. You use the Sythe YouTube code, paste the link in the middle, yet it comes up as a white box. How do you solve this? Follow this guide, and within 30 seconds of you completely reading it, you will know how, and can finally post thos videos in the Music section, or anywhere else really. Like CNN news, funny home videos, songs, etc...
Kickin' it off the Right Way...
1. Find the video you want to post
2. Find the link to the video (as above) and look at it
3. Do not post the following; Posting the FULL link, or posting the extra "watch" part as well; THIS is not going to work:
4. If you post it with the link above, it will lead to the White Box of No-Video
DO NOT USE the YouTube embed links:
5. Select only the following in the link, and place it between the [youtube] <-Paste the following in between here-> [ /youtube]
OR Paste the video extension first, highlight it, and press the "Wrap [youtube] tags around selected text" button in the top of your Advanced messaging window and it should wrap around your extension like so:
6. Here is another example of a video, this time, the extension isn't the last part of the link, it's in the middle of the full link
7. If done correctly, your outcome should be like so
Hope you enjoyed your celebratory video
You can now post YouTube videos on Sythe!
Thank You for Viewing my Guide!
Hope it has helped some of you out! Any questions, feel free to post or PM me!
Shouldn't that be in the guides section then
I was wondering why no one posted a guide on this.
And it's not overcomplicated, just making sure they dont mess anything up, just showing them what happens with each outcome.
I like to be thorough with everything I do.
Originally Posted by blade bro4
A great guide because most users mess it up, but as said above, it's pretty complicated for something that's around 3 clicks long.
Good setup though.
Well, most users STILL mess it up.
I was just in the Music Forum and saw that people still didn't get it, so I decided to address EVERY problem that could happen and with what links should and should not be embeded/posted.
I mean I tried to show all the answers to problems if you know what I mean.