Welcome to the official thread of the U.S.C. Please take some time to read up on us, and if you have any questions or comments post them or send SuF or Deacon Frost a private message! Thanks!
What is the U.S.C?
U.S.C. stands for "User-Staff Committee". Founded in 2010, the U.S.C. is ran by members, for members. Our mission is to establish a healthy relationship between the staff and regular members, and promote a fair environment for all.
What are the U.S.C's goals?
The U.S.C. assists the community and its members in every way possible. We establish good relationships with both the staff members and regular users, and act in a middleman role to voice the communty's opinions, issues, and general thoughts to the staff in a professional and organized tone. Below is a generalized list of what our main areas of focus are:
- Suggestions - We help develop, guide, flesh-out, and implement user suggestions in a speedy manner.
- Banned Users - We help banned users create quality disputes for effective responses, and help communicate between the staff and those banned.
- Pardons - With the introduction of pardons, we assist those seeking pardons much in the same way as we would with other banned users.
- Current Issues - We help resolve major community issues while trying to minimize unnecessary commentary and negative feelings between the users and staff.
- Personal Issues - We help settle private disagreements between staff members and users is a respectable and anonymous manner.
- Community Focus - We help establish well guided conversations in important community discussions.
- Scammer Reports - We help members create more effective scammer reports, and bring them to the attention of staff members for quicker judgment.
- Anything Else - Our involvement spreads as far as we possibly can in order to help the community as much as possible.
If you have any questions or concerns; please feel free to contact any member of the U.S.C. via MSN or PM. We will do our best to provide you with assistance in any way we possibly can!
How can I join the U.S.C?
In order to become a member of the U.S.C. you must be nominated by another member of the community. Then, everyone in the community will be given the chance to vote on which candidate(s) they want to fill the open spot(s). At this time, staff members are not
permitted to join the U.S.C. Refer to the "How are nominations and votes handled?
" and "How do I nominate someone? Who should I nominate?
" sections for more information.
What qualities should a U.S.C. member have?
First, and foremost, our members must
have good character. We do not accept users who troll, flame, spam, or are incapable of conducting themselves professionally and respectably.
Other good qualities include:
- Reputable - Reputable members have been around long enough, and are active enough, that most members know who they are.
- Respectable - Respectable members are people who both respect others, and earn the respect of others.
- Objective - Objective people have the ability to not be influenced by their own personal feelings when conveying matters for others.
- Intelligent - Intelligent users are capable of spelling correctly, interpretting the intention of anothers' words, and are capable of communicating effectively.
- Connected - A connected member has many friends/aquaintances whom they can communicate with, without inciting any negative feelings.
- Active - An active member is readily available to assist in whatever may be required.
The list could go on for a while, and many may not possess everything to be a perfect team member. It's really all about having a good character, and being willing to grow.
How are nominations and votes handled
As the U.S.C. has just begun, the nomination process will be slightly different this time around. In order for the starting team to be chosen quickly; the first round of nominations will last for 3 days, and voting will last for 1 day. After the nominations are closed, we will add all nominees into a poll for voting. All users will be allowed to select their four favorite candidates in the poll, and the four nominees with the most votes will be initiated into the U.S.C.
Should a voter choose more than 4 candidates when casting their votes, their votes will be discounted. In the case of a tie, the leaders of the U.S.C. will choose the better of the two candidates. Should the leaders of the U.S.C. find a valid reason to deny a winning candidate the chance of joining the team, the next in line will be taken in their place.
Once the first team is selected, a new way of choosing new members will be implemented.
How do I nominate someone? Who should I nominate?
Any member of the forum is allowed to nominate any unbanned, non-staff member of the community besides themselves. There is no limit to the number of users you may nominate. To nominate someone, fill out the following template and post it in this thread:
How can I show my support for the U.S.C?
[b]Why do you think this person will make a good U.S.C member:[/b]
Simply spreading the word about us is more than enough to support our cause. If you would like to add the below to your signature, it would be greatly appreciated. If we see you with it in your signature, we will add your name to the list of patrons below
. (Different graphics will be added in the future for those who wish to have a variety of choice!)
Who is currently on the U.S.C. team?
Gimme a Sec
God of Webz
- Team Leader