Greetings, and Welcome to Sythe's 2008 Summer Choice Awards ceremony! This year, being my last year, I've decided to do something fun and host these awards! For the month of July, nominations for users will be held. Below is a list of rules when nominating, as well as what categories you can nominate a person for. In the last week of July, the nominations shall be counted up, the users will be picked out of the top 3 nominees, and a vote will be held! After the vote, the chosen person will win that position!
(No prizes are determined yet, But I'm sure something might just come along at a later date)!
Here is a list of categories:
- Best Member
- Overall just the best member.
- Most Trusted Staff Member
- A staff member who you feel will never let the site down and will always be fair.
- Best Moderator
- A moderator who does their job, and is fair.
- Most Trusted Middleman (Official)
- OFFICIAL MIDDLEMAN
- Most Trusted Middleman (Unofficial)
- Most trusted, but has not made official .
- Best Poster
- Someone who's posts you look forward to reading, or something similar.
- Best Runescape Player
- A person you see as the best in RS.
- Best Market Mod
- See (BEST MODERATOR).
- Best User Educator
- Always helpful, always educating, and always someone who has the answers.
- Best Debater
- A person who can hold their end of the debate, without turning it into an argument.
- Most Intellectual Member
- Someone who uses good grammar, has good ideas, and is overall intelligent.
- Most Humorous Member
- Someone who you find to be funny.
- Worst Spammer
- Someone who spams, or spams horribly.
- Asshole of the Year
- A person who's just made you, or others feel terrible.
- Most Quotable Member
- Someone who you can often quote to make things interesting.
- Most Vouched Member
- A person who you've seen vouched multiple times for great reasons.
- Best Mudkip
- The best mudkip.
- Best Female
- There are several females, this would be those who act most female like.
- Best IRCer
- A person you look up to, maybe someone you can always talk to without problems.
- Most Respected Member
- Sythe's most respected member, someone who everyone looks up to, including you.
- Best Graphics Artist
- A person who's art never fails to amaze you.
- Best Programmer
- Someone who's programming skills amaze you..
- Most Deserving
- A person you feel is just deserving. Not of anything in particular, just deserving of something.
1. You may only nominate one person for each position.
2. You may only nominate once for each position.
3. To change your vote, you must edit your post within 1 week of the end of July.
4. You may NOT nominate yourself for ANY position.
5. You may not debate, discuss, or otherwise insult another's nomination.
6. You SHOULD not ask other people to nominate you, please attempt to keep this fair.
7. Any attempt at cheating to win a nomination is not allowed.
8. Nominations should be based on what you feel is best. We know there are times when it may not be fitting to other people, but only you can make the decision of who you nominate.
9. In order for a person to be in the vote, they must receive at LEAST 5 different nominations from 5 different people. Any category in which there are no qualified individuals for a vote will be removed, and the nominees will not be voted upon. Each category will have 3 different people to choose from, those will be chosen by who has the most nominations.
10. During the voting days, you will only be allowed to vote once on each category.
11. Have fun, remember that this is just a fun last minute idea!
12. BE SURE TO VOTE. Your nomination won't matter if you DON'T VOTE!
13. YOU DO NOT have to nominate for each category if you can't think of someone to nominate for that category.
14. EVERY NOMINATION MUST BE FOR A PERSON WHO IS A SYTHE MEMBER. ALL POSSIBILITIES WILL BE TALLIED UP, BEFORE GOING TO A VOTE THE MEMBERS WILL BE RESEARCHED TO SEE IF THEY DO IN FACT EXIST. IF THEY DO NOT, THEN THE NOMINATION WILL BE REMOVED.
15. Please, to make tallying easier, do not put stuff in areas where you would put a name. Keep it simple if you are nominating.
Here is a simple copy+paste outline for you to use to nominate people:
Most Trusted Staff Member:
Most Trusted Middleman (Official):
Most Trusted Middleman (Unofficial):
Best Runescape Player:
Best Market Mod:
Best User Educator:
Most Intellectual Member:
Most Humorous Member:
Asshole of the Year:
Most Quotable Member:
Most Vouched Member:
Most Respected Member:
Best Graphics Artist: