04-26-2011, 01:21 AM
How to make a proper scam report, rules, and guidelines [APR. 25 2011]
Scam report section rules:
These rules and their descriptions are subject to change without notice, please check back often to make sure you are following them correctly.
- Proof is required: Your report will be locked and you may receive an infraction (moderator's choice to give one or not) if you do not provide any proof in your report
- Do not provide text logs/chat logs as proof: Chat logs and text logs can easily be edited and therefore cannot count as solid proof, no exceptions
- Post everything you have: Any extra information or additional pictures you have could help, even if you don't think they can - always show everything you've got saved
- Do not crop messenger screenshots: Important parts of messenger screenshots are are cut off render the screenshot invalid - mods will not regard cut-up screenshots as proof
- Do not make new threads for existent reports: There are usually a lot of reports to go through, and since each scam is different, they take time - A mod will get to your report, it just takes a while occasionally
- Do not post downloadable files: Mods will never download any files you provided, if you have videos or pictures please upload them online for viewing
- Do not post under a new account if you are banned: If you are banned and would still like to report a scammer on Sythe.org, please contact a mod through other means than the site itself, or your new account will be banned for ban evasion and your report discarded. You may also report the scam as an unregistered in the Dispute section, but note that the same rules apply there as do here.
Last edited by Superman : 12-30-2011 at 08:48 PM.